Astro A50 headset no longer works wirelessly - dead battery?

Soldato
My Astro A50 no longer works wirelessly. The base station says the battery is fully charged but if I disconnect the charging cable it goes dead.

My first thought is that the battery has died; do you agree?

Second, the replacement process doesn't look too difficult, but I have a couple of questions: do I need two batteries, one battery for each side? And are the higher capacity batteries worth it?

I haz 4090!
Don
Have you tried doing a factory reset on your headset before going to the effort of removing the battery? I seem to remember I had something similar where it wouldn't power on when removed from the base station. I could swear you hold the surround button and the "Game" side of the mixer rocker for about 30 seconds. Give that a go.

Associate
Have you tried doing a factory reset on your headset before going to the effort of removing the battery? I seem to remember I had something similar where it wouldn't power on when removed from the base station. I could swear you hold the surround button and the "Game" side of the mixer rocker for about 30 seconds. Give that a go.
I was set to buy a new headset thinking after 2 years with it time is up. Tried this and have it working. Thank you. God bless

Back
Top Bottom