Asus Issue

Associate
Hello I was hoping to get some advise or some opinions on a situation I have found myself in with Asus.

March this year I purchased a new Asus gx701gx everything was fine and I was really happy with the laptop. A month in and the wireless starts going funny random drop outs ,speed issues etc I thought it was just my AP playing up but just after the second month of having it, it hard locked would not do anything eventually I got the laptop to boot back up but no wireless adaptor it had just disappeared not detected at all. I went to the store I got it from and because I have had it for more than 60 Days they just palmed me off to Asus warranty support. Asus support were quick to figure it was not a software issue and gave me an RMA number and I sent off the laptop for repair on the 8th of May. A few days later I hear back from the service center that the issue was on the main board and they did not have the spare part in to replace it, they told me that they were expecting the parts in by the 1st of June and that I would have to wait until then. The first comes and goes and I email support to see if that part was in and if they have an updated ETA for my repair, I get a reply saying that the repair center has not received the replacement motherboard and that there is now no ETA on when the motherboard will be delivered or when the fix will take place and just to sit back and wait for us to contact you :-/ it is coming up to a month now and I have no idea how long this is going to go on for. Have any of you delt with Asus repair support before? Is it usual for repairs to take this long?

Thanks - Dino

Associate
OP
I have received an update after getting in contact again with Asus support they emailed me with :

Our part planners advise that the last part is due to come in on: 9th July 2019

Due to the above, we have contacted you to see how you wish to proceed.

Currently we have the below options available:

• Await the repair – Asus can offer to extend your warranty by 3 months.
Please may you reply to this mail for us.

I'm currently weighing up my options but by that point they would have had the laptop longer than I have, I feel like I am hitting my head against a brick wall with support and there is no reason to think that the part will be in by then as they have already delayed from the 01/06/19.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom