Asus

Soldato
I've never had an issue with any MSI board, ever.

Again though, I guess some of it will be luck if the draw, where as I have issues and failures with most of the Asus boards I have

My current board is an MSI, and apart from needing an early BIOS update, has been flawless.

Well supported by MSI as well, with regards to updates.

Associate
bit of a crap shoot though. Last 3 mobo's I've bought have all been Asus, and all been faultless, so i can't really say anything too bad about them. I can't complain about the price either, as wanting a led post display on my mobo, the asus board was the cheapest out there. Same with my b550 board where I'd originally bought the msi carbon, but swapped it as the asus board was cheaper and the carbon, though being the top msi mobo, had vrm problems Never bought a gpu or anything though. no way I'd pay those prices for the same performance give or take a few fps
That gamernexus vid really is scummy though. you really wouldn't want to buy them watching that, until he sais at the end he couldn't recomment any other brand as they're basically all the same...just choose the brand you hope has the least problems....for example, gigabyte had their psu's blowing up (watch GM for that)...knowing this, they refused to rma them and then as no one was buying them, bundled them in with their gpu's, as it was the crypto boom..if you want the gpu, you have to buy the psu with it...which is what they did and them chucked them or flogged them for half the price on aution websites.
during the am5 x3d cpu 's being fried..not that many apparently, MSI also had a beta bios on their website, that again voided the warranty...but when the **** hit the fan, then pulled it quickly and Asus got the flak
Nvidia have a bigger problem with their melting 12 pin connectors...there's nothing wrong with the old dual or triple 8 pin connectors...tbh, they're better..bigger plugs and bigger wires so can actually transfer the power better....nvidia changed it as the connection become proprietry, just the way apple make their own screws etc to make repairs difficult...having their own design connector then makes controlling the product
The only thing I can take out of this is that they're all scuzzy. We just have to live with it as and hope we don't buy a 'friday afternoon' product which will fall apart on unpacking. That and buy from a shop that'll take resposibility if something goes wrong
Best company I've bought from for service is Corsair..when a couple of my ql120's had led problems, phoned them up, sent them and email with a copy of my receipt and picture of the fans showing fault, they sent replacements...didn't even have to send in the faulty fans. they even appologised for thefans arriving couple days late as they were shipped from the Netherlands, and had slight delay because of Brexit etc
All i know is I'm never buying an Ally...If i want a haldheld I'll get a nintendo

Associate
Jeez, just watching the ASUS video now, really really makes them look like a shady company. Can’t imagine I’d want to buy further products from them. The “full system ASUS” crew must be quite nervous from this video though. Imagine paying the ASUS tax for your entire system only to realise you’ve been over charged and your warranty processes will be painful.

Man of Honour
The “full system ASUS” crew must be quite nervous from this video though. Imagine paying the ASUS tax for your entire system only to realise you’ve been over charged and your warranty processes will be painful.
have a look at this plonker then :cry:

Soldato
I had no choice in buying an Asus motherboard because it was the only one with the features I needed. Annoyingly the front USB-C header doesn't work, but notwithstanding the fact I can't strip my computer right now as I need it for work, I'd fully expect the RMA to go horribly so I'd rather just live with it. Not ideal on what is one of their most premium boards. Maybe with a fresh injection of public shaming from GN it might be safe to try in a couple of months.

Associate
Make a thread about any company, retailer etc and you'll have a mix of people ranging from "Worst company in the world, they all need to die" to "Best brand I've' ever used, all my products are xyz"
The threads i do see about Asus seem to come from people that seem to have an unhealthy passion for hate and i don't reallly understand why. This thread is what? Trawling the internet to find others that also have had issues with the company. Confirmation bias?

I've never had an issue with them personally but have with other products that are widely regarded as best on the market. Luck of the draw? Maybe...
Maybe all my products will fail and i'll experience the worst CS ever... who knows :D

Soldato
Make a thread about any company, retailer etc and you'll have a mix of people ranging from "Worst company in the world, they all need to die" to "Best brand I've' ever used, all my products are xyz"
The threads i do see about Asus seem to come from people that seem to have an unhealthy passion for hate and i don't reallly understand why. This thread is what? Trawling the internet to find others that also have had issues with the company. Confirmation bias?

I've never had an issue with them personally but have with other products that are widely regarded as best on the market. Luck of the draw? Maybe...
Maybe all my products will fail and i'll experience the worst CS ever... who knows :D

No company is perfect but it's becoming rather clear that Asus have some particular problems around QC and customer service, the issues around RMAs don't seem particularly isolated if the GN video is anything to go by. They price themselves like a premium brand these days, yet don't seem to be offering the quality and service to match.

I've got an Asus motherboard that's six years old, it's been solid (their software is dire but I'm not sure many motherboard manufacturers do much better) but based on the GN video I'm not sure I'd immediately consider Asus if/when I come round to upgrading.

Associate
I had an ASUS HD5850 donks ago (the one with the horse on the box) That was a really good card. I ordered a b450 board from Asus that came crushed, and I ended up with my b550. Maybe a bullet dodged.

Associate
Aye, I know what you mean.

He's actually a guy that repairs gpus, the thumbnail does nothing to help him in the slightest considering most of his videos are focussed on a soldering iron or multimeter.
Apparently there is some sort of algorithm on YouTube that if there is 'soy face' it ends up more popular. I read about it somewhere a while back. That's why almost all the thumbnails have it.

Back
Top Bottom