Atari 2600+

Permabanned

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm glad the old systems and games are being seen by new generations, so they can see what we were playing.

I think it might give them a better appreciation of what goes in to modern games to see how far things have come.

Associate
£99 :)

I don't think that's particularity good value, it only comes with 10 games and no mention of how to buy others or pricing. If you could plug in an SD card then would show some interest but that's just too restrictive to be worth it imo.

Last edited:
Soldato
I loved my atari when i was a kid but the games are so basic i dont think anyone is getting anything out of them these days, i guess its good for the few that do that want hdmi without modding their old consoles.

Associate
I like it but as mentioned perhaps a bit on the pricey side for what it is. I do think it's needs companion cartridges a la Evercade with bundles of 2600 & 7800 games.

Associate
looks good

says original carts work on it, so all my 50 games (approx.) will work ? cool :)

In theory. I know there are a few games that aren't compatible with their emulation (not sure why).

There is a compatibility list on their website you can download although I don't think it's every 2600 or 7800 game released.

Caporegime
If i recall correctly they were about £129 when new all those years ago.
Carts were £50 each. Laser Squad, Donkey Kong, Subterrania, River Raid!

But I'm not sure anyone would honestly want to play those nowadays.

When it was all we had, sure. But it's just a novelty now, something to put in a museum :p Or say, "Wow, Dad, did you really play this **** when you were our age? Poor sod!"

Associate
Broke mine in a day as I was pulling the cartridges in and out and not turning the console off lol. Well I was like 9. Got a replacement luckily. Bought from Lewis’s.

Soldato
Seems fun - I'm being a bit thick, is there a list of the Game variations through the Game Select switch for the 10-1 cart included or do i just need to lookup the original manuals on the internet for each game?

**edit** answered my own question - they have basic manuals on the website and there's the originals stashed on the web from scans

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom