Auriol Grey - Manslaughter conviction overturned

Soldato
You said being found guilty was damning,

Paragraph 36 says;
The judge’s legal directions contained
fundamental and material misdirections of law.

So that's different from what I said how?

It's not, you're correct. I thought I would be helpful for other posters to be able to see the ruling.

The jury convicted based on judges directions. Those have been shown inadequate.

Soldato
Here you go:

Looks very deliberate to me, the rate at which Ward changed direction wasn't an oopsy, it was a shove. Grey's reaction to her cycling on the pavement wasn't exactly calm either.

Tricky one tbh, Ward shouldn't have been on the pavement and Grey's reaction was clearly overblown. Had there not been any approaching traffic this would've been a few scrapes and bruises but instead it's a fatality. This is one of those instances which will have very vocal opinions on both sides and nobody will ever agree.
If memory serves me right, she then left the scene and the women dying in the side of the road to go shopping. Vile women she is.

Soldato
Auriol Grey did have a diagnosis after the case for Autism, which had it been done earlier, would have resulted in a different outcome entirely.

Why are you saying such extreme reaching statements that aren't actually being used as a defence but you're saying they would have changed everything.

When someone gets a prescription from an optician it doesn't mean they've got zero vision. Same with autism. But if you're in prison you might as well take advantage of any medical and mental health services, nothing else to do.

She isn't free to go due to a diminished responsibility angle, she's free to go because the trial was voided due to incompetence. A shocking state of affairs.

Associate
She was mentally handicapped, she was born with brain damage and had a partial left hemispherectomy (basically part of her brain was removed) as a child. She suffers from multiple physical disabilities and a degree of impaired cognitive function, along side partial blindness (she has very limited or no peripheral vision in her right eye, and limited use of her right limbs).

There's way more to consider here than just angry person causes cyclist death. Basically she should never have been charged with manslaughter.
oh that's ok then, she can do what she likes I guess.

Soldato
@Hotwired The incompetence also comes from not factoring into important aspects like the state of mind for both parties, this was mentioned in the appeal, not everything is black and white. State of mind, mental health etc, doesn't excuse the actions, but it can certainly go a long to explain it. There's a reason diminished responsibility is a thing in legal matters.

Back
Top Bottom