• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

B Grade 4090 disappointment - couldn't even post

Associate
personally speaking i wouldn't even dream of spending that sort of money on a gpu with 90 day warranty, just to save few hundred quid on a new one, if you can afford to drop 1,5k on a used gpu, then why not buy new.
I agree with that sentiment, but I just think for items of that nature, it wouldn't hurt to offer like 6 months warranty for example that's all

Soldato
personally speaking i wouldn't even dream of spending that sort of money on a gpu with 90 day warranty, just to save few hundred quid on a new one, if you can afford to drop 1,5k on a used gpu, then why not buy new.
I agree my two B grade-motherboards cost £30 each.

Man of Honour
At the end of the day @Gtiracer the terms are there and clear to see, the buyer goes into it with eyes wide open (or should do at least!) whether it's a pound or 2000 of them. The choice is there and so are the consequences if something happens.
The amount of "what's b-grade?" and "why can't I RMA my facebook graphics card?" posts I've seen kind of suggests a lot of them don't know, or don't read :D

Associate
I agree with that sentiment, but I just think for items of that nature, it wouldn't hurt to offer like 6 months warranty for example that's all
Or easiest thing to sort the whole situation is for manufacturers to honour warranty via the manufacture date when proof of purchase isn't forthcoming. I've had to RMA an Intel CPU and they just used the serial number (the CPU was second hand). Afaik AMD do the same. My monitor is second hand also, bought a dell, because they go by the service tag.

I don't see what difference it makes that an item has changed hands, other than it gives the manufacturer a way to honour less warranty claims and cut costs. It's even worse when its B-Grade though if the original owner literally opened it, used it for 10 minutes and sent it back, such a stupid reason for a basically new product to lose its warranty and must be a right PITA for the shop also.

Associate
I won't buy b grade suff again ever as I got a EK cpu water block that came with a snapped retention standoff,this just put me off.
I bought a grade B Arctic liquid cooler and that thing came in a wet box, as cooler was leaking. Then again, I bought a grade b stuff from rain forest, like expensive monitor and few other expensive bits, and they usually came pretty much brand new, often in never even opened box - just returned by previous buyer untouched. That was a good deal with 1y warranty and considerable discount. It seems it all is a matter of luck.

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried two B-Grade 4090's (Zotac and MSI purchased elsewhere) before buying a new 4090 FE. Both B-Graders had major issues and were returned. One was unstable, randomly down clocking the core to ~300MHz. The other had a PCB bent like a banana.

The FE was perfect. Lesson learned.

Associate
I just had a look in b-grade to check.... you'd have to be some kind of special to scroll past the big red warning about the 90 day warranty without considering it.

But you'd also have to be pretty special to pay the b-grade 'asking' price for most items..... Do I want a 7900XT Pulse for £799 with 3 months warranty, or a a 7900XT Nitro for £769 with 3 years? :D
For some stuff there are definitely some deals to be had - monitors can be very well priced (e.g. the below) but I'd still put in a low-ball offer and let them counter, if it arrives and you're not happy with it then send it back

With all that in mind though, it'd take a lot more than £100 off a 4090 to make me consider it!

Last edited:
Soldato
for me majority of B Grade prices aren't great, and tbh you must be lacking something to buy a high end B Grade gpu with couple hundred quid off. but cant fault it as a business perspective though. OC must be laughing their heads off :D

Associate
OP
I tried two B-Grade 4090's (Zotac and MSI purchased elsewhere) before buying a new 4090 FE. Both B-Graders had major issues and were returned. One was unstable, randomly down clocking the core to ~300MHz. The other had a PCB bent like a banana.

The FE was perfect. Lesson learned.
The FE is something special, it feels soooo good in the hand. I never had an FE model before, so didn't really 'get it'.

Also, mine was ice cold out of the box for some reason, even cooler :cool:

Associate
got a 5700XT a few years back from b grade here - negotiated a bit of a discount as well. Served me very well and was a decent enough price to make it worthwhile, I'd probably be reluctant to got for anything that is silly money though just in case it failed soon after but the 5700XT price was worth the risk.

Man of Honour
i've bought quite a number of items as b-grade and they've mostly been fine. i think i've bought nearly every component type as b-grade except a gpu lol
i've only had to send back a case (broken front panel) and a psu (doa) in the last few years or so

Soldato
The FE is something special, it feels soooo good in the hand. I never had an FE model before, so didn't really 'get it'.

Also, mine was ice cold out of the box for some reason, even cooler :cool:
Glad you got this mess sorted.

Only had a 3070 and 3080 FE and you are correct, they feel so good to handle. :p

If i do upgrade, it will be another FE for sure.

Back
Top Bottom