Bad time to buy a Samsung 49" G93SC Odyssey OLED G9

Associate
Hi all,

Was going to buy the above monitor which I can get through a work deal fo £1259 with a free Galaxy Watch5 Pro.

Simple question really. Would I be mad for buying this now given the new spec monitors coming out soon?

Cheers

Associate
Hi all,

Was going to buy the above monitor which I can get through a work deal fo £1259 with a free Galaxy Watch5 Pro.

Simple question really. Would I be mad for buying this now given the new spec monitors coming out soon?

Cheers
None of the new monitors match this or compete with this monitor really, or have a lower resolution/frame rate cap, in the ultrawide section that is.

If you want 360hz 1440p or 4K 240hz then you're missing out.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
yeah agreed, there's no real updates or even many other new screens being released in this size and format, so if you want super ultrawide, it's a good bet. still a very new screen :)

Associate
OP
It was actually more expensive than the OLED I was looking at by about £100. I think its swings and roundabouts really. This has HDR 2000 vs the 400 of the OLED with the OLED obviously winning out on black levels. I dont have to worry about burn in with the pannel i have gone with but its also missing speakers and USB-C but i can live with that.

Caporegime
Thanks guys. I've ended up getting the non-OLED version - Odyssey Neo G9 DQHD Quantum Mini-LED

Looking forward to giving it a try!
Exactly the model I want to buy. I don’t game much, don’t watch films on my computer and want the best possible text clarity whilst avoiding burn in. Use case is programming for ~75% of usage.

Let me know your thoughts if you would?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom