BALCO chief: '60 per cent of athletes on drugs'

Associate
show some proof, give up the doping methods and the ways to detect them, otherwise you just sound like a cheat who got caught, trying to rationalize your wretched attitude

Caporegime
Interesting statement hes come out with but until he 'actually' proves it then theres no point in paying any attention to him.

Probably sore that GB have dominated both track cycling and the equestrian events this olympics, by far our most successful events.

But meh until he proves that this so called 60% of athletes are on drugs, hes just talking rubbish.

Associate
i would tend to agree that at some point most have used some sort of performance enhancement drug legal/ illegal allowed / not allowed %wiae i would say quite high exactly what tho who knows, common place in high level sport.

Caporegime
He's probably not far wrong, how many top stars years later do end up caught, how many guys weren't caught as the way so many are caught is not through testing directly but finding a doctor and getting names.

It's a shame really that the question pretty much remains for everyone because of either the few or maybe many that cheat.

Meh, said in the other thread, while Marion Jones turned out to be a cheat, it don't think back to that race and think... oh, I didn't enjoy watching that now.

The super saturday, Ennis, 3 golds, the whole weekend I'll remember for so long because it was emotional and incredibly entertaining. If it turned out all three cheated none of that will change.

Associate
Tell me how you know this, please.

having worked with a fair few and talking with other coaches and athletes at that level

the majority of people are un aware of the level of performance enhancing drug use in proffesional sport.

added

there are occasional sacrificial lambs to try and prove that testing is ahead of the game

but the game will always be ahead of the testers fact..

whether u agree or disagree with the ethics it will always be there at a much much higher level than the general public are aware of or that mainstream authorities want the public to beleive.

its common place.. people are really ignorant to what is going on

it comes down to spectacle..

want to see amazing performance..for the sponsors ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Isn't Conte now in charge of some anti-drug testing company that just so happens to be a rival to the people doing to Olympics testing?

What a surprise that he's dismissing their methods then. No conflict of interest there at all.

Back
Top Bottom