Beers Of The World - Last Orders...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Ok, just gauging if there will be any interest in running another beer competition. Format, length of competition and all the rest that goes with it, will still need to be decided. This thread is purely for numbers, do you fancy it?

Yes or maybe, then stick your name down.

It's always a bit fun and sometimes there are even prizes ;)

Only requirement, you need to be 18+ :)

YES

Gilly *
Bobmunkhouse *
Keyboards'Fear *
dante6491 *
One_More_Solo *
Jokester *
Raptor *
Janesy_B *
wez130 *
timmeh *
Kosmiche
Kanifee *
taB *
MrsSeabiscuit *
seabiscuit *
Maccy *
kaptainmarc *
rexehuk *
hilly *
N17
Sonea_Fifer *
tomoW1 *
rubberduck *
DrunkRufie *
Street *
Bickaxe *
touch *
Executive_Beef *
Nyvo *
Anchundan *
Ahleckz *
~Mike~ *
Cat_J *
inogen *
Sagalout *
bam0 *
oulton *
PapaLazaru *
the_r_sole *
The_Abyss *
Feek *
R-evans *
Kennysevenfold *
deej *
tomparker95
Russinating *
silent *
TwsT

* - email confirmation to comp. address received.

MAYBE

sigma
porushinobu

So here we go, first draft.

Please keep in mind this list may be changed prior to the competition starting, so don't all rush out and start buying!

• A - America - Any beer from this continent.
  • B - Boxing Day Stance.. - Any Christmas themed beer
  • C - Colour - Any beer with a colour in its name.
  • D - Draught - Any Draught/Draft beer. Must state clearly Draught on can or bottle.
  • E - Export - Any Export beer. Must state clearly Export on can, bottle or beer taps.
  • F - Fruit - Any fruit based / flavoured beer. This includes berries.
  • G - German - Any German beer. Wheat, Pils, Lager etc.
  • H - Human - Any beer with a body part in its name.
  • I - IPA - Any India Pale Ale beer.
  • J - Just enough - Any beer with an alcohol level of 6.1% or higher.
  • K - Keyboard Warrior - Any beer with a fighting related theme.
  • L - Light/Lite - Any beer with Light/Lite in its name.
  • M - Mustard - Any beer that is spice related.
  • N - Numbers - Any beer with a number in its name.
  • O - Oz - Any Australian beer.
  • P - Poo thru letterbox... - Any supermarket cheap crap.
  • Q - Quote - Any beer previously entered by another player, not yourself!
  • R - Religion... - Any beer with a religious theme to its name.
  • S - Stout - Have you got the build for that beer...
  • T - TV License - Any beer that has featured in a movie.
  • U - UK - Vote via poll on one home nation
  • V - Victory - Any award winning beer.
  • W - Wheat - Any wheat beer.
  • X - X Rated - Any 'dodgy' named/themed beer.
  • Y - Yale - Inb4 lock... - Any beer prison related.
  • Z - Zoo - Any beer with an animal in its name.

Open for discussion, questions and suggestions. :)

Moving on to the scoring / points system.

I will be changing it ever so slightly from previous competitions. In the past this has been the cause for some confusion, I expect this confusion to continue... ;)

For maximum points (without the aid of the Jester* card), you will have entered an unique beer ie. for the round in question, the beer will be a valid entry and no one else will have entered it. This applies for all rounds except for the reverse round**...

Scoring:

Unique entry = 4 points
3rd least popular choice = 3 points
2nd least popular choice = 2 points
Most popular entry = 1 point

With every valid entry there will be the addition of 1 point. The above scoring would then become 5, 4, 3, 2 and possibly a single point if you are unlucky enough to fall into say the 4th least popular choice. It carries zero scoring so you would therefore only receive a single point for a valid entry.

Popular Choices
This is broken down into groups. These groups will vary in size hence the popular rating / scoring. Say we have four groups, A,B,C and D. A has 2 entries the same, B has 3, C has 5 and D has 4. The scoring would then be:

Group A - 3rd least popular = 3pts + 1 valid entry point = 4 points
Group B - 2nd least popular = 2pts + 1 valid entry point = 3 points
Group C - Most popular = 1pt + 1 valid entry point = 2 points
Group D - 4th least popular = 0pts + 1 valid entry point = 1 point.

The Jester*
To stand the chance of boosting your round score, you may at any time play your Jester. This can only be used once and must be clearly be stated with the email entry. Any score received during the round will be doubled.

The Reverse Round**
The object of this round is to attempt and select the beer you think everyone else will enter. For this round only, the scoring is also reversed ie. most popular choice carries maximum points.

Any questions, then please for the love of all that is Holy, shout out now....

A) Unique beer = 4 points
B) Next lowest number of entered beer = 3 points
C) Next entered beer (more than group B) = 2 points
D) Next entered beer (more than group B and C ie. most popular) = 1 point

All above groups will have 1 extra point added for being a valid entry.

It is possible to enter a round and finish with only 1 point (valid entry).

Make more sense?

The Rules

1) You must be aged 18+ to take part in this competition as it requires purchasing alcohol.

2) Each week you enter a picture of your beer of choice for that weeks chosen theme. The picture must include a note with the words 'OcUK BOTW Last Orders' written on it, this should be beside the beer can, bottle or bar taps. ANY pics entered without it will NOT count.

3) ONLY one picture containing ONE beer (in bottle or can form) may be entered per week. Homebrew is NOT allowed BUT Tap / Draught beer is allowed ONLY while including a picture with the beer taps!

4) You may send your picture into the competition email address right up until the Saturday before the 'Results' thread is posted on the Sunday night at 8pm. Any email MUST be in the inbox by 8pm of each Saturday night (anything after this time will NOT count). This is to allow time to compile pictures, check entries etc.

5) Any entries sent in MUST be clearly marked for each week. ie. Week A, B, etc. Please do not include any beer names in the email subject/title, I'm playing too! Make sure each week is a separate email, no multiple entries attached in one email!

6) Jester card - When you decide to play your Jester card, make sure you state this within the email or email subject. If it's not stated, it will not count.

7) It would be greatly appreciated if all images are within forum rules, max width 1280 pixels. or smaller. Thank you :) Please make them as clear as possible, arty farty is fine too.

8) At the end of the competition the winner will be the person with the highest score. If drawn, it will be decided by count back (first one to drop a point from A onwards is out).

9) Remember, this is about trying new beers, having a laugh and a bit of fun. Enjoy it and enjoy the banter too. Good Luck all! :)

Soldato
I like beer but I dont remember the comp sorry.

If it potentially ends in a positive gain in the amount of beer I have then count me in.

Caporegime
OP
Past competitions (sticky thread in La Cuisine) have consisted of say an A to Z, each week being a letter that would represent something. This could be a country, colour, place, item, number. All decided before the competition starts.

To enter, you take a picture of your beer selection along with a piece of paper with the competition logo. Entries can be bottle, can or even draught beer as long as it's accompanied with the beer taps in the picture.

Maximum points awarded for an unique entry (no one else has it) down to lowest points for most commonly entered beer.

Honestly, it's pretty straight forward and nothing too taxing :)

Forgot to mention, once you take the picture it will be emailed to a competition address (still to be setup). No post restriction, only requirement as stated, you must be 18+

Associate
Past competitions (sticky thread in La Cuisine) have consisted of say an A to Z, each week being a letter that would represent something. This could be a country, colour, place, item, number. All decided before the competition starts.

To enter, you take a picture of your beer selection along with a piece of paper with the competition logo. Entries can be bottle, can or even draught beer as long as it's accompanied with the beer taps in the picture.

Maximum points awarded for an unique entry (no one else has it) down to lowest points for most commonly entered beer.

Honestly, it's pretty straight forward and nothing too taxing :)

Forgot to mention, once you take the picture it will be emailed to a competition address (still to be setup). No post restriction, only requirement as stated, you must be 18+

Sounds pretty darn good :) Count me in

Edit: YES

Soldato
I've had 7 beers in the last 2 years, I'm also fully behind drinking responsibly.

One beer a week, you can't get more responsible than that? :)

Nice work :) what were you averaging previously?

I'm 50/50 about joining as I don't like losing :p but don't even average one beer a week really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom