Votes: 9 10.6%

Votes: 33 38.8%

Votes: 24 28.2%

Votes: 4 4.7%

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Max does not need to tone it down. This is not the Schumi, Senna era where wreckless driving was a sign of "talent" and drivers could continuously get away with "bad driving ".

I like his ruthlessness though unlike most of the grid lineup. :rolleyes:

When he gets shunted from behind by someone with slower reactions and hits a barrier at 200+mph sideways it will end the same way as the Senna era did.

Soldato
I've just watched all 3 and a half hours of the unedited grand prix on C4 catchup as I was out yesterday and fortunately managed to not hear the results. Great crashes in it, loads of them! :D Thank god no one was seriously hurt.

Kimi swearing was brilliant, the F word not bleeped out. Oops! :p
Pity about the boos for Nico. I don't really think he deserves that.

Associate
For me Alonso was the driver of the day. He did better than the golden boy Hamilton up until the red flag in an inferior car. For me this race Hamilton didn't do anything special, he used his cars advantage to grab a few easy places after a very average first few laps.
First corner incident I agree with Brundle, Max knew putting his nose where he did he had a 50/50 chance of loosing it, he took a risk and it didn't pay off. Ideally yes Vettel should have left more room but I certainly don't blame either Ferrari for the contact.
Max v Kimi at 200mph+ was just dangerous, I 100% agree with Kimi on this one i'm afraid.

Associate
The Hamilton of old would have gone off like a screaming banshee and totalled the car and took someone else with him in a last minute down the inside howler.

Controlled and conservative drive in my opinion. Did what he had to!

Soldato
The Hamilton of old would have gone off like a screaming banshee and totalled the car and took someone else with him in a last minute down the inside howler.

Controlled and conservative drive in my opinion. Did what he had to!

That's how I see his driving lately, much more measured approach. He's doing it by the numbers these days.
In a lesser car I think we would be the older driving style creep back as he over drives the thing, it's just not needed in that Merc

Man of Honour
Even to the point where he doesn't even go for fastest laps anymore. He is doing exactly what he has to. He has matured enormously since he started in F1.

For me Alonso was the driver of the day. He did better than the golden boy Hamilton up until the red flag in an inferior car. For me this race Hamilton didn't do anything special, he used his cars advantage to grab a few easy places after a very average first few laps.

Alonso doesn't have a championship to lose and he could take a lot more risks. It isn't all about driving as fast as you can all the time, you do realise that right? Hamilton did exactly what he needed to.

Soldato

So? That's exactly what he needed to do, why take silly risks?

Caporegime
Good race.
Enjoyed it. Don't really do the analysis thing anymore and I'm enjoying more.
Just stick on 4od and watch it on Monday evening

Back
Top Bottom