• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best drivers for sapphire x1950xt?

Associate
Hi,

Just got a x1950xt from sapphire, just wondering which are the best drivers for this card? The ones on the onstalation disc are 6.10.

I have installed them and the catalyst thingy, is there a better option?

Cheers
Alex

Associate
Alex R said:
Hi,

Just got a x1950xt from sapphire, just wondering which are the best drivers for this card? The ones on the onstalation disc are 6.10.

I have installed them and the catalyst thingy, is there a better option?

Cheers
Alex
I've got the same card mate i installed the ones on the disc 6.10,tryed the 6.12 but didnt really see much improvement.
Maybe wait for the next set before changing.

Associate
tweakinfreak said:
Omega's I think mine are 6.9

And ATI tray tools!

I have a X1900XT and they work a dream ATI CCC made for terrible FPS on some games for me ;)[/QUOTE

I didnt think they supported the x1950xt

Associate
OP
art1cfox said:
I've got the same card mate i installed the ones on the disc 6.10,tryed the 6.12 but didnt really see much improvement.
Maybe wait for the next set before changing.

I thought they were supposed to bring out new ones that specifically support the 1950xt as opposed to a generic 1950?

Associate
Alex R said:
I thought they were supposed to bring out new ones that specifically support the 1950xt as opposed to a generic 1950?
More than likely they were rushed out/patched up.
Anyway are you having any problems with the card,or just curios to the best drivers to choose.

Soldato
Alex R said:
I bleive you are correct, but i also believe these are still coming.

For now the catalyst drivers off the cd are probably the go.

Associate
OP
Just curious. Should I load the CCCand all that gumpf or just the drivers?

What about decent overclocking tool? I haven't used ati in ages.

Soldato
Minmd you i havent used an ATI card in a while, but i never had any issues with the CCC when i was using one. You can overclock with the CCC & no it never takes that long to load (like some people suggest).

But if you really dont like the CCC try just the drivers & ATI tools / ATI tray tools for overclocking.

If i am not mistaken the Omega drivers also support the X1950XT cards.

Associate
OP
Just looked at the omega site and it only lists 6.9s. Since ATI are up to 6.12 I am assuming that I'd best sticking with them.

Back
Top Bottom