Best memory testing software ?

Soldato
Just wondering what you use, at the moment im using Memtest Pro which has been about forever, but is quite a slow process, im also using Karhu to double check myself, which I run upto 10,000%, this takes about 3 hours, but ive also discovered another today called TestMem 5, which you are alble to load different configs for and actually shows you different tests its running I run this for about 10 passes, so should I use all 3 to be sure, or just stick to 1 and trust it ? what do you use ?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, well I did have memtest running overnight, but this morning when I came down, one of the cats jumped up on the computer desk and hit the ESC key and bloody shut it down, so I guess im going to have to run that again tonight as I dont know if it had any errors on it or not, so far though im very happy with the results, not bad a G.Skill Trident Z Neo 6000mhz CL32 kit (F5-6000J3238F16GX2-TZ5NR)

1YE6jjw.jpg

LqO3uaI.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
TestMem5 and Karhu are great for testing mem stability however you really should be stress testing the IMC too- use programs like linpack extended or ycruncher (with the tests VST, N32, N64 enabled) for that

Ok you're going to have to give me instructions on how to run that, its completely alien to me.

Ive seen those tests in Y Cruncher, is therre a way to just select just those 3 tests and let it run overnight ?

EDIT: NVM, decided to go with Linpack Extreme instead, its easier to figure out how to run it, I started with 1.1.3 and kept failing, so set everything to stock in the bios and I was still failing, then I found a newer version, 1.1.5 which states new optimizations for Ryzen processors, so I ran 5 passes of the stress test at 10gb of ram and passed every test, so I re-enabled my RAM speed and timings etc, right now its on test 4 of 100 and passed so far, go figure, I guess the moral is dont run 1.1.3.

Last edited:
Associate
Memtest for testing the actual RAM modules (many motherboards have memtest built into the BIOS, use this if available, make sure BIOS is updated first).
Linpack or ycruncher for testing the IMC (memory controller).

Soldato
OP
For ycruncher you can do it via cmd, cd into the directory and then enter the command 'ycruncher.exe stress N32 N64 VST' and it should run indefinitely until you either hit Esc or control+c
I tested last night with y-cruncher for an hour, and passed fine, that was 10 passes, but ive finished work early today, so im going to get it running for much longer.

Ive just adjusted my fan profiles and fired it up as it does get a bit toasty.

EDIT: Well that was 7 hours of testing using those 3 tests, im sure if it had a error it would have picked it up by now, so I think thats enough.

FCkmApO.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Memtest86 is great for RAM testing outside of Windows via bootable USB drive but I always use Karhu for stability of RAM and if I overclock.

I don't think the combination of Memtest and Karhu failed me yet!

Chrome is refusing to download Y-Cruncher due to security issues. Could someone post a link so that I know I'm on the correct download page?

TIA
Direct link do the latest Windows package > http://www.numberworld.org/y-cruncher/y-cruncher v0.8.4.9538.zip

Soldato
Chrome is refusing to download Y-Cruncher due to security issues. Could someone post a link so that I know I'm on the correct download page?

TIA
Not just chrome
Just downloaded it in opera no problem
Unzipping causes windows defender to quarantine it
As a severe trojan threat

edit according to windows security
Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom