Bet no one saw this one coming (Weinstein's conviction over-turned)..

Associate
One of his convictions overturned on a procedural issue and going for a retrial.

Not that it's going to do him much good
They all got great roles, they came together and became famous. They aways had the opportunity to walk away they didn't.
I don't see this as rape, rape is when you can't walk away and the person is held down by force.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
They all got great roles, they came together and became famous. They aways had the opportunity to walk away they didn't.
I don't see this as rape, rape is when you can't walk away and the person is held down by force.

Its not that simple but I do agree to some limited degree. Its the same as people complaining that they are being discriminated again due to age and being replaced by younger, more attractive models...when thats exactly why they got their first job 20-30 years ago.

Sleeping with creeps to get ahead in your career shouldn't be a thing but then how many massive people in film/tv industry wouldn't have had a hope in hell of getting rich and famous if it was purely on merit. I struggle with this sort of thing because as you say, sometimes its just people who wish they didn't do/hadn't had to do X to get where they are without the self awareness to realise that it was a choice they made with their eyes open and its what gave them their life.

On the other hand, predators like Weinstein etc are very good at scaring and taking advantage of people. Many of whom I imagine never got that pay off for the horrible things they did with him.

Pet Northerner
Don
Sleeping with creeps to get ahead in your career shouldn't be a thing but then how many massive people in film/tv industry wouldn't have had a hope in hell of getting rich and famous if it was purely on merit. I struggle with this sort of thing because as you say, sometimes its just people who wish they didn't do/hadn't had to do X to get where they are without the self awareness to realise that it was a choice they made with their eyes open and its what gave them their life.

Remember it's not about sleeping to get ahead. It's the not sleeping and getting black booked by the most connected man in Hollywood that makes the interaction as sickening as it is.

Can you imagine being good in your career, then a person with all of the power decides they want to shag you and if you say no you can kiss it all goodbye?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Remember it's not about sleeping to get ahead. It's the not sleeping and getting black booked by the most connected man in Hollywood that makes the interaction as sickening as it is.

Can you imagine being good in your career, then a person with all of the power decides they want to shag you and if you say no you can kiss it all goodbye?

I couldn't find any information to back this up beyond Jessica Mann claiming that he ruined her chance of being in LotR. A few others have suggested that their refusals of his advanced ruined their careers as well but considering how many people disappear or never make anything after promising breaks in hollywood, its hard to take these claims entirely as fact. They may well be but I have heard plenty enough other stories from people in film/tv that make wild claims about why their career sunk like the titanic to think its probably not quite that simple.

And what great roles do you remember 'aspiring actress' Jessica Mann getting?

None? Whats your point? Sleeping with Weinstein wasn't going to propel someone to instant stardom or be their unquestioned ticket to the big time. Its an absolutely horrible industry where 99.99% of people never make it and the sensible ones give up without wasting their lives on it. You can be talented and beautiful and go nowhere. Its like trying to be a professional footballer. Everyone wants it. Very very few get it and not always the ones people think.

Associate
They had a choice, they wanted the dollars, you also need to look at the actors from other agencies that didn't get the role because of these girls sexualised and took advantage of being a woman ie cheated their way in.

A rape victim has no choice to say NO, these girls had a choice to walk away, they decided they wanted money.

Simple the guy is not guilty, how do you truly know if these girls flited and gave signals to him we don't because we were no there.

Last edited:
Commissario
They had a choice, they wanted the dollars, you also need to look at the actors from other agencies that didn't get the role because of these girls sexualised and took advantage of being a woman ie cheated their way in.

A rape victim has no choice to say NO, these girls had a choice to walk away, they decided they wanted money.

Simple the guy is not guilty, how do you truly know if these girls flited and gave signals to him we don't because we were no there.
I would suggest just leaving it alone.

Caporegime
I think probably the appeal court is right.

The Judge in Weinstein's case violated the rules of court in allowing the other women to speak regarding Weinstein's behaviour. That's probably the right thing to happen in a case like this, but that seems like something that should be decided by the law making branch of the state rather than a decision to be made by a single Judge.

Hope the rapist dies in jail.

Back
Top Bottom