*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Caporegime
Hit my 91kg target this morning, down from 106.7kg on 1st of January and feel much healthier for it.

Been on a calorie deficit all year, going gym twice a week, walked at least 10,000 steps a day since February and have been intermittent fasting since March.

Going to start upping my calories by 200 a week until my weight plateaus but keep everything else the same. Body recomposition next for me to get rid of the remaining fat.

Caporegime
Ha, weight in today first time in over a week...and I am under 85kg! Not sure how, I even had KFC, McDonald's, Shawarma, cake, ice cream, sugary drinks lol

EH1eLAnl.jpg

Soldato
Use the new house and having a bit of stability to set some good routines. Get the weighing scales out and portion out things properly and you’ll soon hit your stride.

I would suggest it’s almost impossible to eat healthy and go through a house move. Pretty much the law to celebrate with fish and chips and champagne whilst sitting on the floor.

Soldato
Well, as expected, the weekend was a proper car crash. I wasn't too worried because the week before was similar, and I dragged it back to a state where I still lost 2lbs, so more of the same this week to bring myself back on track. I think the key take from it was that I drank a bottle of wine over the course of the weekend, ate burgers, chips, crisps, chocolate etc, and I think I found that the idea of smashing all those things was better than the reality, which was nice, but not nice enough for me to give up everything I've achieved. I saw it as a real step forward in establishing my goal weight as a constant, rather than a temporary state.

On the way down to Devon, the kids got a McDonalds to keep them going in the car, but I abstained. It smelt absolutely incredible. There were a few bits left over which my wife fed me while I was driving, and the taste was absolutely NOWHERE NEAR as good as the smell (and I do like McDonalds!).

I think I'll always need some amount of indulgence just to remind myself that it isn't that great really!

Soldato
@Karl - everyone needs a treat. I’ve found it’s not about having a treat or not, it’s about making sure you really enjoy the ones you’re having and that they’re REALLY worth it. Don’t fill up on mediocre rubbish. Save your calories for something that you love. If you’re not enjoying something, don’t finish it off just because, it’s better to throw it in the bin and find something actually good.

Soldato
Yeah, given over my 4 day weekend, i've had the following, i'd say resisting mcdonalds was a success for you!

2x McDonalds (Large Triple Cheeseburger meal. One with a mcflurry too)
1x Popeyes (Think KFC but better)
1x Indian Takeaway
1x Meal out (3 courses, pate/steak/gingerbread pudding)
3x bacon butties
Various bowls of crisps/beer/wine

:D

Last edited:
Soldato
I was out training with a football at lunch time, and my energy levels are properly through the floor. Knackered legs, balance is off. I don't feel hungry or underfed after going back to my regular caloric intake, just really really tired. I'm well hydrated, so 100% putting it down to the weekend's excess and my body going "wtf is going on?!?!"

Associate
I had a pretty rubbish Saturday and Sunday where I ate ok until the evening when I smashed chocolate and crisps. I went for a long walk yesterday and paddleboarded in the evening and have woke up today where I started the weekend.

6.5KGs gone so far. Looking to lose another 10 before my wedding in September.

Soldato
In the 94's a few times last week, so hoping to make it my concrete range this week and dip into the 93s where possible. Beginning my taper for my upcoming half marathon as my body is a bit knackered and struggling to recover from a very hefty flu and infection a few weeks back.

Soldato
ello all

holding under 220lbs.
on saturday have hit 216.8 ! went back up a bit and 216.8 again this morning...

commute to work and back some decent steps, and weighted 213.8 !!! magic ;)
been to gym...if I am 216 again tomorrow i will be extremely happy bunny :D usually weight stays same after gym for me

@Martynt74 that list of takeaways is longer than my takeaways in last 6 months :eek::eek::eek: jealous not jelaus ;)
defo not weight shaming before anyone accuses me LOL

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
After having a couple of naughty days last Tuesday and Wednesday, I've been good, to bring it back down. BH weekend, so 3 rides means a good deficit each of those days. Yesterday was one of my lowest cal days... but this morning I've put an lb back on since Monday. I think it's a hydration thing. Sweat a lot out over an active weekend, then rehydrate the next couple of days. On the plus side, the scales told me 20.2% BF, which is the lowest I've seen it for a couple of years.

Soldato
oh noooooo

Confident for the close of next week/week after.

I’ve booked next week off work with the intention to finally relax and get my head right. We’ve had so much moving/mess it’s been hard to get real down time. Especially not relaxed as furniture etc has been “rental” standard so nothing really nice to just sit around in.

Have ordered a new bed, sofa and outdoor arm chairs and the plan is to try and get out on the bike pretty much every day so even a few beers should mean a decent calorie deficit over the week.

Soldato
Confident for the close of next week/week after.

I’ve booked next week off work with the intention to finally relax and get my head right. We’ve had so much moving/mess it’s been hard to get real down time. Especially not relaxed as furniture etc has been “rental” standard so nothing really nice to just sit around in.

Have ordered a new bed, sofa and outdoor arm chairs and the plan is to try and get out on the bike pretty much every day so even a few beers should mean a decent calorie deficit over the week.
moving etc is so stressful that I dont blame you for eating whatever you can get hold on to..

unwind, relax, and eat clean ;)

you've got this

Back
Top Bottom