*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Soldato
I've bought my first large sized piece of clothing - I think I must have been in my mid teens when I last fit into something this small!

Awesome, my wife keeps telling me i need new clothes but i'm refusing until my old stuff fits me again!

It's crazy how you don't realise the gradual growth until you try something on from 12 months ago :(

Associate
Awesome, my wife keeps telling me i need new clothes but i'm refusing until my old stuff fits me again!

It's crazy how you don't realise the gradual growth until you try something on from 12 months ago :(
I blame the obsession with making everything stretch fit - unless you pay close attention to the scales it can creep up on you.

Soldato
Have hit 220lbs -99.8kg this morning!!
So back to 15kilos lost over last month's..

Let's try to keep it...
Easter and long weekend coming so will see how will it go :eek: i think there might be gains... :cry:

Maybe i was over zealous in my competition. I was still 104 yesterday. I just can't seem to stop snacking since i've ramped up mileage, but am definitely over-doing it.

I definitely know better, but i keep feeling a bit like that noob that runs for 5 minutes and then smashes a McDonalds!

Soldato
Maybe i was over zealous in my competition. I was still 104 yesterday. I just can't seem to stop snacking since i've ramped up mileage, but am definitely over-doing it.

I definitely know better, but i keep feeling a bit like that noob that runs for 5 minutes and then smashes a McDonalds!
it is so easy to eat junk food, chocolate and drink alcohol.

for a while i was trying to substitute with protain bars...but started to eat too many they were so good hahah

c'mon, you can do it.
cycle daily as you have better weather than most of us ;)

Soldato
it is so easy to eat junk food, chocolate and drink alcohol.

for a while i was trying to substitute with protain bars...but started to eat too many they were so good hahah

c'mon, you can do it.
cycle daily as you have better weather than most of us ;)

That's my plan. I think my body will adjust to the increase in load. I just probably ramped up a little too fast and sent my body into craving food!

I've not even been that bad with booze recently. Just keep snacking but never on healthy stuff. I think i might get some kind of Huel. It really bloats me having something like that, and so if i feel hungry i might reach for that. Yes calories will be around 400kcal for a full portion, but at least that's then a max limit and it'll contain a decent mix of carbs/protein. Whereas now i'm stuffing like 6 digestive biscuits, which is the same kcal but just all sugar!

The main thing is at least i'm getting consistency in MFP and recording it and seeing the impact of ending the day around 2500kcal rather than my goal. Hopefully that'll snap at some point. Whereas in the past i've just stopped logging it at a certain point!

Last edited:
Soldato
That's my plan. I think my body will adjust to the increase in load. I just probably ramped up a little too fast and sent my body into craving food!

I've not even been that bad with booze recently. Just keep snacking but never on healthy stuff. I think i might get some kind of Huel. It really bloats me having something like that, and so if i feel hungry i might reach for that. Yes calories will be around 400kcal for a full portion, but at least that's then a max limit and it'll contain a decent mix of carbs/protein. Whereas now i'm stuffing like 6 digestive biscuits, which is the same kcal but just all sugar!

The main thing is at least i'm getting consistency in MFP and recording it and seeing the impact of ending the day around 2500kcal rather than my goal. Hopefully that'll snap at some point. Whereas in the past i've just stopped logging it at a certain point!
6 digestives have 400 cals ??!!??!! pack of lentil crisps has that..or pack of lentil cakes from Kallo....
no more buiscuits for me at work now !! - always full tin by coffee making facilities and i do grab few at a time...

stopped eating at work .. might grab something small if i plan to go to gym after work.

stopping is harest byt craving will go eventually

foce yourself in to drinking water

Soldato
6 digestives have 400 cals ??!!??!! pack of lentil crisps has that..or pack of lentil cakes from Kallo....
no more buiscuits for me at work now !! - always full tin by coffee making facilities and i do grab few at a time...

stopped eating at work .. might grab something small if i plan to go to gym after work.

stopping is harest byt craving will go eventually

foce yourself in to drinking water

Yeah, MFP says 79kcal per biscuit!

Yeah, need to drink more water too, that's unlikely to be helping. I always used to drink loads, now maybe 2L a day.

Caporegime
Yeah, MFP says 79kcal per biscuit!

Yeah, need to drink more water too, that's unlikely to be helping. I always used to drink loads, now maybe 2L a day.

I found out about this years ago and biscuits is the first thing I cut. The way I think of it is “would I prefer to eat 6 chocolate digestives (88cal I think) or 1 BigMac” and I would pick the BigMac.

I also found out this week almond croissant has 100cal more than a chocolate one…no more almond croissant for now. Easy 100 cal saved in the morning.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Buttery pastry goodness that just disappears as soon as it gets into your mouth, could quite easily eat a full pack and still not feel particularly full and that's why they never go in my shopping basket :cry:

Soldato
It’s very important to raise awareness of the dangers of delicious almond croissants.

Progress - dry weight between 89.5 and 90kg currently. I’ve definitely put on some flesh weight. Don’t think it’s too much around the tummy as my bench is back up to 82.5kg and I managed a pretty decent spin class yesterday without feeling totally broken today. 34” trousers still fit and some of the large size T shirts are fitting better than the XL. General fitness is good, but as usual, life tends to get in the way of perfection with these things. I’m hoping to actually get on my bike this weekend (it might actually be dry weather :eek: ) which will help with some Easter festivities.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom