*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Caporegime
Had a binge 'eat everything!' day yesterday, think I have to accept the idea that I'm a binge eater and just keep plodding on in the right direction.

I have to admit after 2 months of being fairly strict in portion control, I am craving to truly stuffing my face…eating like 1200 calories in 1 meal. Burger, fries and a nice milkshake or something.

Soldato
OP
I'm just watching BBC1 Breakfast this morning and they're spending time with a family that includes an Olympic swimmer. They were just talking about food and he casually says 'yeah, I eat around 7,000 calories a day. Four big meals and LOTS of snacking.' Wow! 7k! I mean, I guess if you're training 5 to 8 hours a day then you're going to burn 3 to 6k each day?

Man of Honour
I'm just watching BBC1 Breakfast this morning and they're spending time with a family that includes an Olympic swimmer. They were just talking about food and he casually says 'yeah, I eat around 7,000 calories a day. Four big meals and LOTS of snacking.' Wow! 7k! I mean, I guess if you're training 5 to 8 hours a day then you're going to burn 3 to 6k each day?
Rookie numbers :cry: , some of the WSM guys are 10k+

Soldato
Yeah, it's pretty mental. I'm not even sure how you eat that many calories and maintain a healthy diet.

Even if i think i eat a lot, then i'm generally maxing around 3-4k for a day. Getting beyond that you need to really be throwing down a lot of cakes etc surely!

For example on Sunday i had bought some huge steaks. I estimate that mine was around a 500g Sirloin (woman in the butchers had a last piece around 800g and i got her to cut it in two. Was probably a mistake!), and that's only ~1000kcal. Throw some veg/rice and you're maybe at 1500kcal and that was an absolutely huge meal i struggled to finish!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah, it's pretty mental. I'm not even sure how you eat that many calories and maintain a healthy diet.
Generally you don't or at least not the generally accepted view of a healthy diet, when you're getting to those sort of levels there'll always be a bit of "Just need the calories" the source becomes irrelevant and a quick big mac or whatever for an easy hit starts to come in.

Man of Honour
Coming in to this thread just ends up making me hungry these days...:D

Wife brought home a case of Malteser Easter bunnies free from work yesterday (she works for an office supply company, why do they even have these and why are they giving away in date chocolate for free!? It's a trap!), they've had to be hidden away at the back of the cupboard so I forget about them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom