Bloody banging

Permabanned
So the ******** next door has been banging away all day and it's doing my nut in. I think he's been renovating the flat for the past couple of weeks as there's been everything from drilling, sanding and banging noises. I can't for the life of me work out what it is he's hammering as it has been going on for weeks.

Now, I put up with it during the weekdays when I'm WFH as it's his place and he can do as he pleases and frankly, it's none of my business then. However, would it be unreasonable for me to have a word for doing it on Sunday evening? It's vibrating the walls and I can hear it anywhere I go in my flat.

Swearing in a foreign language is still swearing so don't do it.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Pick some dog poo up & put it in a dry paper bag.
Put the bag on his doorstep & set alight to it then knock on his door loudly.
Run & hide somewhere you can watch him stamp it out in his slippers.

Won't stop the banging but it'll be funny.

Soldato
i don't think there is any law against doing DIY in the evening. Maybe have a word and ask if he could drill etc during the day and quieter work later on.

I bet my neighbour has been getting annoyed with me as I was drilling pretty6 late on not realising what time it was. But to be fair they did exactly the same when they moved in. Sometimes you just have to put up with it as not everyone can afford to pay builders to do the work and have to work on it after they finish work.

Permabanned
OP
Well whatever it is I went round with my keyboard and politely told him that should he not desist the next bang he heard would be his head being struck by a blunt instrument. You know, 'cos I'm 'aaaard.

Went round and asked if he'd mind terribly giving it a rest as it's quite distracting. He apologised and has given up the for the day. WHEN WILL THE EXCITEMENT END??

Permabanned
Well whatever it is I went round with my keyboard and politely told him that should he not desist the next bang he heard would be his head being struck by a blunt instrument. You know, 'cos I'm 'aaaard.

Went round and asked if he'd mind terribly giving it a rest as it's quite distracting. He apologised and has given up the for the day. WHEN WILL THE EXCITEMENT END??

Haha did you find out what it is? :)

Soldato
I know how you feel, I stay in a flat when I work way from home and it does my head in when I come in after doing a 12 hour day and the kid living in the flat above constantly jumping and stomping around till 9.00pm.

I ******* hate flats.

Back
Top Bottom