Bluetooth headphone, super low quality audio when gaming??

Associate
I have a pair of Anker Soundcore Q30 bluetooth headphones, i have paired them up to my PC but have noticed when playing a game on them the sound quality seems really low and poor quality. I have looked in the settings option and the bitrate is set to the highest and canty see any other settings that relate to audio bitrate quality. I did have this issue when i first used them and disabling the mic in windows (the Q30 have a built in mic for calls i guess) did seem to remove the low bitrate and they sounded good but now i cant seem to get a good sounding quality from them anymore and sound awful.

Is there some setting hidden deep within Windows 11 that im missing?

Associate
OP
What Bluetooth adapter are you using?

You may need a newer one or updated drivers to support the higher bitrate modes
Its just the one built into my Asus Strix's mobo.

I think it does support better bitrate as when i first used them, i noticed the audio was crap but was fixed when i disabled the mic via windows but no that doesnt seem to alter anything and still sounds awful

Man of Honour
The Q30 only supports AAC and SBC over Bluetooth, so you are automatically limited to the quality of audio being transmitted., and as you are using them on Windows, unless you have manually installed the Alternative A2DP Driver which allows you to choose a higher sampling rate and codec mode etc (Windows always uses one of the lower modes because #Microsoft), then you won't be getting the best out of Bluetooth audio on Windows.

Simply changing to a different bluetooth adapter will not suddenly allow you to use different bluetooth codecs as Windows will just disregard this anyway.

Associate
Bluetooth headphones cycle to a lower out when the mic is enabled as it cant handle both streams at full audio quality ie a Zoom call will have worse audio than just listening to Spotify.

It should say in the Windows audio panel which one it’s using. Maybe disable your mic in game.

Back
Top Bottom