BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I had the gearbox fluid changed in mine to.. redline

It helped but didn't resolve issues.. still stiff and clunky shifting

In 2 weeks I'm having the some work done. Replacement clutch hydrolics.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
on a 120d? :cry:
with all that money you're chucking onto that car, might as well save up to get a better new car
it's not a 1m lol

it's a zf6hp on the 120d...i had one of those in my old '07 320i
the zf8hp on the newer models (rwd) is a totally different beast and upteen times better

Last edited:
Soldato
on a 120d? :cry:
with all that money you're chucking onto that car, might as well save up to get a better new car
it's not a 1m lol

it's a zf6hp on the 120d...i had one of those in my old '07 320i
the zf8hp on the newer models (rwd) is a totally different beast and upteen times better

Im looking around for a car. I said that. As it's currently on 130k

The reason I'm getting the master cylinder replaced is for preventing an issue. It's becoming difficult to start the car with the start button clutch in.. and I have a clutch depress issue .

I don't want it to fail completely like it did on my old 3 series which meant I couldn't start the car .

Man of Honour
Im looking around for a car. I said that. As it's currently on 130k
The reason I'm getting the master cylinder replaced is for preventing an issue. It's becoming difficult to start the car with the start button clutch in.. and I have a clutch depress issue .
I don't want it to fail completely like it did on my old 3 series which meant I couldn't start the car .

i know you're on the hunt for a new car, which is my point exactly...might as well use the funds to up the budget for the new car, and leave the tranny issues to the part-ex garage/next owner

Soldato
Picked up that X3m40i so far impressed with it's Jekyll and Hyde like abilities. Very easy to drive around down in comfort mode and switch into sport when the kids aren't in the car

Great cars, really practical for a family but a hoot to drive at the same time.

Last edited:
Associate
Great cars, really practical for a family but a hoot to drive at the same time.
It's the best does everything suv I can think of for the budget

Very nice colour, is it the Tamzanite Blue or whatever that is called?
It's phytonic blue the Tamzanite is slightly darker with a purple hint to it. Love this colour because I had a 130i in Le man's blue and this is a little like the grown up version of it

Soldato
Looking to purchase an M340i shortly. Are there any must have options I should be looking for? The only thing I certainly don’t want is black wheels! Budget is around £35-40k. Thanks!

Man of Honour
Looking to purchase an M340i shortly. Are there any must have options I should be looking for? The only thing I certainly don’t want is black wheels! Budget is around £35-40k. Thanks!

My minimum acceptable specification was Technology and Visibility package. The car doesn't look quite right without the upgraded headlights and the automatic high beam system is fantastic. Technology pack gives you head up display and the upgraded stereo.

Most cars have Comfort Pack as well which adds a heated steering wheel, comfort access and an electric boot. I wasn't bothered about this but did end up with it anyway.

Your biggest problem will be that most high specification cars also have the black trim and black wheels. It took me ages to find a good one without that pack.

Commissario
Comfort & tech pack definitely, visibility pack is nice to have, isn’t available on the facelift though.
Also need to decide if you want a touring or saloon body shape too.

Soldato
My minimum acceptable specification was Technology and Visibility package. The car doesn't look quite right without the upgraded headlights and the automatic high beam system is fantastic. Technology pack gives you head up display and the upgraded stereo.

Most cars have Comfort Pack as well which adds a heated steering wheel, comfort access and an electric boot. I wasn't bothered about this but did end up with it anyway.

Your biggest problem will be that most high specification cars also have the black trim and black wheels. It took me ages to find a good one without that pack.

On non-340is, to get the adaptive suspension, you need the M sport plus pack (think it's called). This therefore includes the shadowline kit, I think.

I haven't seen a car with adaptive suspension/upgraded brakes without shadowline - guessing these are standard on a 340i?

Man of Honour
On non-340is, to get the adaptive suspension, you need the M sport plus pack (think it's called). This therefore includes the shadowline kit, I think.

I haven't seen a car with adaptive suspension/upgraded brakes without shadowline - guessing these are standard on a 340i?

The M340i has the Adaptive Suspension and the upgraded brakes as standard. There is a further optional brake upgrade available for the M340i instead.

Back
Top Bottom