BMW and M Power Owners

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Some are not budging at all, some will try and bundle in packages at reduced costs.

But as soon as I say I’m a cash buyer, they seem to become disinterested, likely because they earn less.
Because they overpaid and in most cases they're either at a loss or have no profit. The market isn't great at the moment, next year hopefully will be better.

The interest rates on loans and finance are crazy too...

Soldato
Because they overpaid and in most cases they're either at a loss or have no profit. The market isn't great at the moment, next year hopefully will be better.

The interest rates on loans and finance are crazy too...
When I spoke to a BMW dealer they offered finance on new cars at 2.9% (obviously because the markup is huge…) but 14.9% on used. Seemed like a crazy difference.

Even the used car salesman recommended getting a bank loan rather than taking out finance with them.

Last edited:
Soldato
But as soon as I say I’m a cash buyer, they seem to become disinterested, likely because they earn less.
Is it possible to negotiate based on finance .. or do they rapidly want that formalised with credit checks or what not ?
with the intention of finally saying ok here is the cash instead, or even cancelling the finance, the latter being a strategy I've seen discussed here for pcp's.
I'll be doing this dance imminently.

Man of Honour
Owning a 2016 F06 it looks like I’ll be losing the connected services when 3g is switched off. I'm guessing lots of people with be affected by this.

The switch off started early last year and in areas where it had been switched off I found that realtime traffic information still worked on my 2015 530d. The data transfer rate is much slower but for the traffic information this doesn't really make too much difference.

The only connected services that are of any real value on your car are the traffic information and remote services and it is my understanding these still work without a 3g connection.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Where’s the best places in the uk to get aftermarket body kits? The BMW OEM parts are super expensive.
can't wait to see fox's response :cry:

i only have 2 aftermarket items, which are the front kidney grilles and the rear diffuser, both bought from ebay (£18 for the grilles and £34 for the diffuser) and both fit like a charm and cannot be differentiated from the bmw oem kit
of course being ebay, ymmv

Soldato
I think just the rear diffuser is over £1k on bmw.

Was looking at the kits on carbon factory, anyone have experience with them? Reviews seem pretty solid from what I can see.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think just the rear diffuser is over £1k on bmw.

oh wait it was £40 :cry:

wgbd7iM.png

Man of Honour
get the grilles and the diffuser...and at a long shot maybe the rear spoiler.
the rest are fugly tbh

(ive got the same, 4 gran coupe in the same colour)

Back
Top Bottom