BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
For stop-start traffic it's an absolute godsend. I usually turn it off on motorways as someone will inevitably fill the gap*

*For the very few times I'm not hogging the fast lane, obvs.

2136703349_d28b615675_z.jpg
:cry:

One of the best Top Gears was when he was in the XJ with the adaptive and said you can "sit here and relax, or turn it up to FULL ON AUDI MODE".

Commissario
What’s everyone’s thoughts on this 340i?

Seems to tick all the boxes. Price is a tad high though.
Same spec and colour as mine, colour is nice when it's clean and the sun's out but yeh otherwise it's dreary grey.

Soldato
I'm really very in love with the 320d.

It's so hard to put into words how much of a step up it is from my F31. It's like going from a Ford Focus to a 3 series. The jump in quality is that substantial.

The ride is excellent, torque is lovely. MPG is great. But the cabin is so lovely. Everything is where it should be.

Very glad I went for lasers instead of sunroof, but must make sure I pay attention to the road and not the lights :p

Man of Honour
It's so hard to put into words how much of a step up it is from my F31. It's like going from a Ford Focus to a 3 series. The jump in quality is that substantial.

I disliked the previous 3 Series a lot - the current one is such an improvement I went from disliking it to buying one :D

Soldato
I disliked the previous 3 Series a lot - the current one is such an improvement I went from disliking it to buying one :D

It's all relative I guess, but I still liked it.

The facelift was better. Felt better put-together, but then they made some changes that I didn't approve of.

I'm really glad they've gone back to the orange lighting inside. So nice on the eyes at night

Soldato
What’s everyone’s thoughts on this 340i?

Seems to tick all the boxes. Price is a tad high though.
After seeing a Portimao Blue 330 this morning I have decided that its the only colour that will do! Not a huge choice at the moment though so I will be patient

TS7

TS7

Soldato
After some advice please

If I purchase an approved used F90 M5 what would the estimated renewal warranty price be after a year with about 50,000 miles on the clock.

Is there ever any room for negotiation with the main dealer i.e. if there's another car with an almost identical spec priced more keenly at different Sytner could you use that to get them to reduce price.

I've not bought a car for six years now so bit out the loop. I take it when buying used approved directly from Sytner there's no point doing a HPI check or is it still worth doing.

I won't be utilising their finance options, do I keep quiet about this in fear of them losing interest. However could be swayed if it meant additional discount with the plan to pay it off further down the line as certainly not paying the 14% APR.

Any other pointers or tips would we welcome.

Thanks

Soldato
After some advice please

If I purchase an approved used F90 M5 what would the estimated renewal warranty price be after a year with about 50,000 miles on the clock.

Is there ever any room for negotiation with the main dealer i.e. if there's another car with an almost identical spec priced more keenly at different Sytner could you use that to get them to reduce price.

I've not bought a car for six years now so bit out the loop. I take it when buying used approved directly from Sytner there's no point doing a HPI check or is it still worth doing.

I won't be utilising their finance options, do I keep quiet about this in fear of them losing interest. However could be swayed if it meant additional discount with the plan to pay it off further down the line as certainly not paying the 14% APR.

Any other pointers or tips would we welcome.

Thanks

Most dealers will say they no longer negotiate on price, that they look around and price competitively but there is a little bit of wiggle room (I got £1k off my f90 M5 Comp from Sytner High Wycombe) I’ve never HPI checked an AUC from a main dealer and I always make it clear I’m not interested in Gap, credit or scotchbrite or whatever they sell and I’ve never had any issues. They don’t bother with the hard sell but they do say it’s a legal requirement to go through the options at the point of sale

No idea on the price of a warranty, will have that to come next year

Last edited:
Reactions: TS7
Associate
Had the latest 340i for 18 months great car
Previously to that
X3M
M2C
440i
And now currently have G81 M3 Touring
M340 is the sweet spot for a do anything car and if taken easy can give 48mpg with the MHT stuff. As for adaptive cruise I’ve never had it till this G81 and what a game changer especially in traffic I can literally get in the back and it stops starts and drives itself. If you don’t drive much then prob a waste but I won’t get a car without it in the future only other element I always get but normally inclusive is Harmon Kardon. The HUD is nice had it on X3M and this G81 very useful to be fair rarely look at console anymore. What never spec is comfort pack don’t want keyless entry and the rest is a bit meh

Man of Honour
After seeing a Portimao Blue 330 this morning I have decided that its the only colour that will do! Not a huge choice at the moment though so I will be patient

You may be in for a long wait as this is exactly what I decided as well. It took me months to find one and I've only seen two others for sale in the same or better specification since I bought mine last April. So if you do see one, don't wait too long!

The blue is such a fantastic colour, so it is worth the effort of finding one.

The problem you'll find is that the majority of M340i have the black wheels/black trim and those that don't are typically cars with fewer options anyway. So if like me you wanted one with the standard trim but a good level of optional packs, then it will take quite some time.

Soldato
or just get the proverbial touring in the blue & real leather -
horsescows for courses, that's prestige. years of getting in an older touring summertimes with shorts, I always think if only that felt like the sofa at home.

Mileage
Registered
Jul 2023
Engine
2,998 cc
Exterior
Portimao Blue
Fuel
Petrol
Transmission
Automatic
Registration