BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
That's fairly cheap for a lowish mileage sport and dealers don't give things away unless they have a reason. Most of these are not well looked after these days.

What's your additional fund for running costs or is that 3k for everything? Last guy on here had almost a grand in bills on his cheapish 330i in the first 6 months....

Soldato
Well since this is the official thread, I'll put some of mine here. I've just joined the family a couple of weeks ago with this great example of a 530i. 54,000 miles, 2 previous owners. We were only together a couple of days before I had to fly back to Norway. Not swapping over with the current barge until mid May :(. Already gathering parts for a heated seat retrofit and have a few more in mind :)

oN6j9.jpg
s87vC.jpg
xWfjz.jpg
ihHk6.jpg
l2Rvw.jpg

Oh by the way - yes, that's double glazing. What glazing? DOUBLE glazing! Ah yeah. Have you got double glazing? No. :) :p

Soldato

:)

I was looking seriously at W220s, but in the end an E39 was more what i was after.

This is where you tell me you also have it on the rear window, right? :) Mine is only the six side windows - I'm such a pauper :(. If I had gone for an E38 and found one with DG, it would also have been on the rear, and the front is tripple laminated instead of conventional double - I assume an S is equally well appointed?

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;21819355 said:
Double glazing won't help you when lost.

It's all about the sat Nav.

Says the guy without OE Nav or double glazing ;)

How often do you get lost AND not have a smartphone on you? I'd say it's definitely all about the double glazing tbh.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;21819355 said:
Double glazing won't help you when lost.

It's all about the sat Nav.

LOL, but it'll help me stay warm if i get so lost I have to sleep in it :p.

Sadly the bittersweet surprise option of DSP in mine prevents me from nicking all your research and copying your Dynavin install :(. Tom Tom on the dash for me :(

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I thought comfort seats were always heated.

Whoever bought it new was an idiot though speccing everything (including double glazing!) but no heated seats :confused:

Soldato
I know damnit!! What a weirdo. I was hoping to see heating and active seat buttons when I viewed that the trader hadn't noticed to mention. No luck though - just DSP and rain sensing wipers. Never mind though as that is to be rectified through the magic of retrofitting. Found my buttons on German Ebay already and pretty much know where to go for the rest of it. I think I may wait till after summer, mind, rather than just before it :)

Soldato
OP
Well the chap I went for a spirited drive with certainly didn't disappear, his was a vert but then so is mine :p

maybe he held back though for fear of his personal safety whereas I didn't because I'm one of the best drivers on the road :)

I owned both back to back for 6 months (dont ask why) and found the E92 is much easier to exploit, but both are equal when it comes to driving them on the limit. Both with a very predictable chassis with so much feedback you knew exactly what it was doing and how much you had left before it would let go, but you needed quicker reactions with the E92 when it did let go.
I miss the E46 more than the E92. IMO it had the perfect engine and chassis combination. Just ashame that early ones fall into the hands of people who cant afford to run them, or spend the money they should be using for maintenance on carbon fibre bonnets and Wanli tyres.

Man of Honour
I know damnit!! What a weirdo. I was hoping to see heating and active seat buttons when I viewed that the trader hadn't noticed to mention. No luck though - just DSP and rain sensing wipers. Never mind though as that is to be rectified through the magic of retrofitting. Found my buttons on German Ebay already and pretty much know where to go for the rest of it. I think I may wait till after summer, mind, rather than just before it :)

Rain sensor is standard ;)

Associate
Hi guys,

I've had my first foray into the land of BMW, with this 325i (3 ltr engine) SE Coupe. I know the look will not be to everyone's taste but i like it :D.

Loving it so far, came from a 2009 2.2 TDCI mondeo titanium X Sport (had loads of problems with DPF so it had to go). I bought it directly from Autovogue, and it had 1 previous owner, which was BMW and obviously has full service history and has got 47k on the clock.

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

Cookie

Soldato
Cookie, where are you from? That car park looks very much like the one at Tesco in Chadderton, Oldham.

Not a fan of the four zorsts, or the lack of any spec...a nice standard 325i with idrive and leather would be more impressive IMO. It does look pretty agressive though! You need spacers on the rear wheels though.

Caporegime
I'm getting 23 mpg at the moment:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7872/m527.jpg[/IMG[/INDENT][/INDENT]

I'm pleased with that but driving has been a wee bit conservative with running in so I have tried to avoid going over 5500 rpm and going mad with my M settings.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting around 23-26mpg from my somewhat hard driven e39 528i !

Given what your f10 is, its "real world" consumption is - to me at least - very impressive, granted, your going easy on it, but still.......​

Associate
Cookie, where are you from? That car park looks very much like the one at Tesco in Chadderton, Oldham.

Not a fan of the four zorsts, or the lack of any spec...a nice standard 325i with idrive and leather would be more impressive IMO. It does look pretty agressive though! You need spacers on the rear wheels though.

Stoke on Trent mate, that is a wickes car park :)

The spec isn't so bad for me, my 09 mondeo had quite a big spec but i never used any of it lol. I'm used to Subaru's and Focus ST's with hardly anything spec wise at all so this is luxury for me :D

It has the rain sensors and rear parking sensors and decent climate control stuff which are the only things i need on a day to day basis. As for leather i prefer half leather, the mondeo had half leather and i loved that, i've had a few mondeo's with full leather and i wasn't much for it. As for the idrive, i know that is nice, but i can get a SatNav unit in there, either the made to fit Dynavin units or just get a fascia plate and get something like an alpine unit.

I know the wheels in the rear arches are the only let down from a looks point of view but i would need to do more modifications and stiffening the suspension i suspect for the wheels not to rub. The ride is superb considering the 20" wheels and the suspension mods. The ride is no worse than the mondeo and it goes over speed humps fine so i don't want to sacrifice those at the moment.

Cookie

Associate
decent climate, rain sensors and rear parking sensors are all standard on 6 pot e92s i believe? as are electric seats :p

Pretty decent standard spec i suppose :D. It's all dependent on what your used to or want from a motor. Like i said i hardly ever used half the stuff the mondeo had. I don't do massive mileage either so creature comforts etc don't really come into it when picking a car for me.

Cookie

Soldato
Yea don't get me wrong i'd definitely rather have it over a mondeo :D Must feel like a huge step up, there is a 2009 titanium x at work and its absolutely terrible to drive compared to even my e46, let alone my e92 :)

Back
Top Bottom