BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
I fail to see the point of messing around remapping my 530d, it doesn't want for performance when it's judged for what it is. Betweem 3000RPM and 4500RPM it pulls very strongly and gives you more than enough pull to get around stuff and when married to the 8 speed sport auto box like mine it is easy to keep it in that range too. I shan't bother remapping mine and presently I am not aware of anyone who has a map anyway.

Soldato
OP
I fail to see the point of messing around remapping my 530d, it doesn't want for performance when it's judged for what it is. Betweem 3000RPM and 4500RPM it pulls very strongly and gives you more than enough pull to get around stuff and when married to the 8 speed sport auto box like mine it is easy to keep it in that range too. I shan't bother remapping mine and presently I am not aware of anyone who has a map anyway.

What was it like on the track?

Man of Honour
What was it like on the track?

To heavy for the track really, at Curborough the brakes were going off after 5 laps and the pedal was getting soft and needing more pressure to haul it up. You can feel the weight in the corners and it's not particularly nice on track, but then I would expect that to be the case. An auto box, even a really rather good one, is still a compromise I feel as the engine masks the sound well so dropping 3 gears is very much a counting exercise as you don't get the feeling or sound you would from a petrol manual or even DCT, it deprives you of the senses you would like really. Also the nose is heavy and you can feel the understeer but it does ride kerbs nicely :D

Soldato
What's the best BMW for 10grand for motorway mile munching? 4 to 500 miles a weekend.

I started looking around 7k but I'm drawn to the big diesels nd I drive if possible so budget is going up.

Comfort and economy balance is key. Occasionally have passengers to haul too.
Are 335 or 535s viable at this price?

Coming from a pug306gti it would be like a rolls Royce. But speed needs to be similar :)

Soldato
I saw stats at 45mpg on motorway but no doubt that's marketing ****?

Are 330/530s a better option. 320ds seem the most common on the road, but part of me likes the idea of more grunt. I imagine repair costs on a 35 engine are astronomical are they?

I've been staring at bmws for weeks now and I know ill end up with one for next car but the Market seems full of cars that either seem too good to be true, or not worth a risk.

Soldato
friend has just picked up an M3 Limited 500 in Santorini blue, which was only available on this ltd run. Also part of the ltd edition is the matt black alloys and the black chrome exhaust, and a matt black front kidney grill. Inside it has black leather with blue stitching. Gorgeous car:

2012-05-23195522-2-1.jpg

I'm gonna have to stop parking next to him though, makes my car look like a heap of ****. Will also have to ignore his taste in applying basketball related decals to his cars, every single car he has / ever has had has them on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom