BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
The dealer that I bought it from is doing a 2 years for the price of 1 currently but have little information about what this actually covers.
Sounds like non-BMW warranty and done with a third party. In most cases it won't be worth the paper it's written on.

BMW AUC warranty comes for free with an AUC car, and in most cases it's for a year.

Soldato
Sounds like non-BMW warranty and done with a third party. In most cases it won't be worth the paper it's written on.

BMW AUC warranty comes for free with an AUC car, and in most cases it's for a year.
That's always been my understanding!

Would rather it was under BMW directly. The named component one seems right for my needs. Comprehensive is a bit more and I don't need breakdown.

Man of Honour
You can't buy more than a year of the BMW Insured Warranty - you can buy an annual policy or a rolling monthly one.

For the 1 Series my personal choice would be a comprehensive policy with £100 excess. This isn't that expensive (and assuming they don't change the terms over the next year, it'll be cheaper when you renew it in a years time).

The Emergency Service is optional on every policy and reduces the price if you don't want it.

You need to do some maths on the excess - work out the total overall cost of no claims, 1 claim and 2 claims with each excess level and then pick the one that fits for you. The 1 Series policy is sufficiently good value in my view that there is little real point in going for the lower levels of cover like Named Component.

Last edited:
Soldato
You can't buy more than a year of the BMW Insured Warranty - you can buy an annual policy or a rolling monthly one.

For the 1 Series my personal choice would be a comprehensive policy with £100 excess. This isn't that expensive (and assuming they don't change the terms over the next year, it'll be cheaper when you renew it in a years time).

The Emergency Service is optional on every policy and reduces the price if you don't want it.

You need to do some maths on the excess - work out the total overall cost of no claims, 1 claim and 2 claims with each excess level and then pick the one that fits for you. The 1 Series policy is sufficiently good value in my view that there is little real point in going for the lower levels of cover like Named Component.

It's £454 for comprehensive with £250 excess or £604 with £100 excess.

Will go for comprehensive without roadside assistance!

Named component was £399 which is negligible so comprehensive is the way. It's more peace of mind on an unknown car. Only 16k on the clock but who knows how those miles have been driven.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
@Logsi if the car has only just come out of the original manufacturer warranty you could try calling bmw insurance to see if they would apply the discount for the ongoing AUC insurance.
just make up an excuse or something that you forgot etc etc. your quotes look to be for a car that has a lapsed manufacturer/AUC warranty

(my 440i AUC insurance is £339/yr for a £250 excess no roadside assistance)

Man of Honour
Still worthwhile, £650 doesn't cover tiny repairs these days (especially at a main dealer).

The 7 and 8 Series are a complete scam, something like £2,825/year with £100 excess (without the renewal discount). If over 60k miles when purchasing - £3563/year. :cry:

Soldato
you're welcome :p
Definite peace of mind. Happy with that!

On a side note, the M135i is brilliant. Spacious enough, fast enough and economical enough given the performance. Can't say I'm overly bothered about the lack of B58 and being RWD. Had one on demo a few years back and have always been on my radar. Only annoyance I have is the options took it over the threshold to be taxed heavily!

Last edited:
Soldato
Still worthwhile, £650 doesn't cover tiny repairs these days (especially at a main dealer).

The 7 and 8 Series are a complete scam, something like £2,825/year with £100 excess (without the renewal discount). If over 60k miles when purchasing - £3563/year. :cry:

I was looking at the ALA one, as it seems decent, but £100 labour rate limit.

Soldato
Definite peace of mind. Happy with that!

On a side note, the M135i is brilliant. Spacious enough, fast enough and economical enough given the performance. Can't say I'm overly bothered about the lack of B58 and being RWD. Had one on demo a few years back and have always been on my radar. Only annoyance I have is the options took it over the threshold to be taxed heavily!

I was very close to getting one when they were released but I just couldn't get over the front end. Its not a pretty car! The rear is lovely though :)

Soldato
I'll be lambasted into oblivion for liking the stick on tat but do think it smartens it up. I think the black hides some of the ugliness. Guess it's more merc now though...

Forgive me for I have sinned though as I did entertain the idea of eyebrows...I have since reneged on this idea...

HYCRnQj.jpeg

6DTXZEq.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom