Branded TV Mounts

Associate
A while ago I bought an ergotron monitor mount and it's been lovely having something that could take my 49 inch monitor properly but is there an equivalent brand for TV wall mounts not done as cheaply as humanly possible? I want something thats nice and easy to put together and feels robust all of the crap I've seen online so far doesn't inspire that sort of trust.

Associate
The likes of Samsung,LG make their own wall mounts for certain TVs.
I like the Invision mounts,really easy to mount the TV to the arm and lock in place.
Available at Amazon or ebay.

Soldato
Honestly, I’ve tried both and there isn’t much of a difference if any between the branded ones and the generic universal ones.

The only difference is if you want a fully extendable one, that comes out by over .5m, the cheaper ones tend to have a slight twist in them when they are fully extended due to the swivel arms just being cheaply made - they’ll support the TV fine though. The TV branded ones won’t do them to that extent.

If it’s just mounting onto the wall and once it’s in it’s spot thats it until you need to plug something into it just get one of these BONTEC

If you need it to extend out peerless is the brand to look for.

Soldato
I use this. Was easy to install and it's very robust especially on the movement side or can go nice and flush against the wall:

Soldato
Honestly, I’ve tried both and there isn’t much of a difference if any between the branded ones and the generic universal ones.

The only difference is if you want a fully extendable one, that comes out by over .5m, the cheaper ones tend to have a slight twist in them when they are fully extended due to the swivel arms just being cheaply made - they’ll support the TV fine though. The TV branded ones won’t do them to that extent.

If it’s just mounting onto the wall and once it’s in it’s spot thats it until you need to plug something into it just get one of these BONTEC

If you need it to extend out peerless is the brand to look for.

This, I bought some random brand that was highly rated on Amazon for my tilt mount for a 55". 5 years later it's not budged at all.

Soldato
Same here, have always gone with that is generally top rated on the rainforest site.. Holding TV's from cheaper 40" kids tv's to 2k+ OLED TV's... and monitors. Have static and canti-lever arm brackets and they've been fine.
I'd not spend the extra on branded ones for sure.

Soldato
I feel qualified to reassure you that the cheap stuff on amazon is absolutely fine. I say this as someone that has mounted over 10 screens around the house over the last few years from 24 inch monitors on an arm up to 65 inch OLEDs on plasterboard walls. There's only so much weakness the Chinese can build into metal brackets. The weakness will almost always be the wall fixing to go first.
The only reason to pay a premium is for one of two usage scenarios imo:

1: You want the thinnest profile and as close to the wall as possible. You can pay more for uber thin ones down to 13mm.
2: You want it on an adjustable arm which will come away from the wall

In 2, you can pay more for adjustment that will have enough "grab" but enough ability to also move and adjust it, whilst not loosening over time. For basic tilt, cheap is still fine. For heavy TVs on arms, I'd potentially pay more.

Soldato
The likes of Samsung,LG make their own wall mounts for certain TVs.
I like the Invision mounts,really easy to mount the TV to the arm and lock in place.
Available at Amazon or ebay.
I did a fair amount of research as I was wary of the cheapo rainforest ones. And wary of reviewers that give 5 stars a day after mounting it... err what about 3 years later? :p

But Sanus (expensive) didn't do one that was quite right, or extended quite as far as I needed. Invision seemed to be a happy medium. I put a bag of 20kg weights off it for 24hrs, and my (admittedly small 42") OLED has been on it since *touch wood*

Associate
I did a fair amount of research as I was wary of the cheapo rainforest ones. And wary of reviewers that give 5 stars a day after mounting it... err what about 3 years later? :p

But Sanus (expensive) didn't do one that was quite right, or extended quite as far as I needed. Invision seemed to be a happy medium. I put a bag of 20kg weights off it for 24hrs, and my (admittedly small 42") OLED has been on it since *touch wood*

My main TV wall bracket is a no name affair was only £9.99 been up 5 years,as someone else said it's more likely the way it's fixed to the wall that will fail rather than the bracket itself.
TVs weigh hardly anything these days.Now the plasma i had ,blimey the bracket was heavier than the new LCD tv that replaced it,must have been 1/8' thick steel :cry:

Soldato
As others have said cheap ones just do the job and there isnt much to them. On the other had the peerless stuff is fantastic if you want, they are made for people who want some adjustability/articulation and they have loads that are used for hospitality events.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom