*breaking news* Boston Marathon explosions

Soldato
The man is holding someones artery in an effort to aid their survival..Its not anything more graphic than you would have seen in a game, surely ^^?

I wasn't really being critical, just earlier he mentioned for example that pics of the guy who's had both legs blown off need to be seen, and how people should see the true face of violence. I kinda get it, but just didn't think it's necessary to circulate those pictures that's all (even though they will of course).

Soldato
hurfdurf, why are you wanting to post explicit images? What does it add?

Also random point- who on earth edits wiki pages so quickly!

Because people need to see the true aftermath of events such as this, not the watered down pictures and simple statistics than numb people.

A bomb went off in Iraq today, 30 civilians died, no one will bat an eye lid. People need to see what real violence is to appreciate what is happening in the world

Associate
Because people need to see the true aftermath of events such as this, not the watered down pictures and simple statistics than numb people.

A bomb went off in Iraq today, 30 civilians died, no one will bat an eye lid. People need to see what real violence is to appreciate what is happening in the world

By forcing people to view images of the consequences of violence, it is unlikely that you will do much to prevent it however. Violence is part of human nature, our warring tendencies will never go away - it's part of what we are, for all of our advances we are still just animals at heart and in nature. Not that I'm condoning it, just saying that wishful utopia thinking of "a world without violence" is just that - wishful, and unrealistic.

Subjecting people to viewing images such as those will not start a global campaign to "end violence", people will feel distressed by the images and then move on - such is life.

Soldato

But what does it change? There's already enough fear generated after today's events, especially with it happening in the USA. Not that I'm suggesting people should be deliberately shielded from seeing such images, but I don't see what purpose there is in generating even more fear and shock. To be honest, even without seeing the images (I've seen them), the descriptions being given are just as shocking.

I agree about the Iraq bombing, this is very sad. It's a sad reality though that we (generalising) are quite accustomed to hearing about violence/bombings in the middle east/conflict zones and any new news is just diluted, it means nothing to most people in the Western world. Nobody really cares, even if it it was given more column inches.

Soldato

He is holding an artery that is dangling out of a man whose legs have been severed.

It's more likely a tourniquet rather than an artery.

Caporegime
Absolutely horrific some of the stuff being shown from this, shows you how watered down the stuff we receive is.

Yeah he definitely isn't holding his artery.

Hope the ***** are caught and tortured for the rest of their days with limb removals.

I have heard others saying this, I don't know, it appears to be coming out of his leg in most photos.

It isn't, it is clearly wrapped around his leg just above the knee in others.

Back
Top Bottom