*breaking news* Boston Marathon explosions

Caporegime
I can only think it's because he was mobile (rolling around) compared to others that were just lying there (which makes them the priority as per army training for example).

Yup, at least that is what I learned in a first aid course. Always attend to the ones who aren't moving/responding first.

Although given his injuries, you would think that he should have been attended to straight away i.e. the amount of blood loss......

amazing that he was still conscious at the time, would hate to think of the pain that he would have been going through at that moment

Last edited:
Associate
Yup, at least that is what I learned in a first aid course. Always attend to the ones who aren't moving/responding first.

Although given his injuries, you would think that he should have been attended to straight away i.e. the amount of blood loss......

amazing that he was still conscious at the time, would hate to think of the pain that he would have been going through at that moment

To be fair would he feel the pain due to shock and adrenaline?

Permabanned
I've seen a few pictures of the blonde girl they have named lying next to her friend, I've also just seen the last picture taken of them that day before the bomb went off, you can clearly see they have the same clothes on :(

The guy in the wheel chair who lost his legs is behind them and concious :(

Really awful pictures but shows the true horror of what happened.

Caporegime
To be fair would he feel the pain due to shock and adrenaline?

True, that would have helped with the pain a lot, I would imagine that he must have still felt some excruciating pain though, more so when he came out of the shock phase and then the thought and sight of not having any legs...... god, it really must have been awful for him :(

edit:

thinking about it more, he mustn't have "felt" that much pain at the time, otherwise chances are he would have passed out from it (tbh I am surprised that he didn't given the amount of blood that he would have probably lost), either that or he just has a very high tolerance for pain (combined with the two other factors which you mentioned).....

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not sure what medical route they were taking, but the guy with no legs was left for a while, and other checked first. I can only think it's because he was mobile (rolling around) compared to others that were just lying there (which makes them the priority as per army training for example).

Thing with 'army training' is its never really consistent on anything... SOPs always seem to vary in various areas....

I'm a few years out of date but did a team medic course - IIRC you're supposed to triage people first... the fact they were lying there doesn't in itself necessarily make them a priority...
Yes people do say to look out for the quiet ones etc... but its not a hard and fast rule that being quiet in itself prioritises them (rather its just an indication that they might be the worst affected) and tbh... with that bloke who'd lost his legs I'd want to put two tourniquets on him asap....

Last edited:
Permabanned
I haven't read where those pics have come from- what are people doing, just circling Asian people in the crowd with backpacks now?

Pretty much yes. It's called racial profiling and pretty much what all the dim wits and desperadoes do. Like Muslims can't have any other skin colour than brown is the OCUK mentality :rolleyes: I expected that kind of outlandish stuff from Bhav lol

Permabanned
Pretty much yes. It's called racial profiling and pretty much what all the dim wits and desperadoes do. Like Muslims can't have any other skin colour than brown is the OCUK mentality :rolleyes: I expected that kind of outlandish stuff from Bhav lol

I was waiting for this post.

Considering no-one has even mentioned their race, just the fact they have backpacks on in some photos and off in others (or so it looks), I'd say you are overreacting.

Majnu? Check.

Soldato

Just reading some of the twitter crap, and people just blatantly jumping to conclusions and racism, or 'right this', 'left that' etc... pathetic.

Caporegime
OP
Blue coat & sports bag, and backpack & white cap guy have been talked about and pictures shown on CNN as being people the feds are trying to identify.

Caporegime
so it is the 'muslims' then?

CNN was on about a 'lone wolf' before.... made me think it might be any number of Aspergers suffering, 'introverted' OCUK posters

Back
Top Bottom