BRSK

Associate
What router are you using with the BRSK service , any issues ?
I'm using one I built myself running PFSense, no issues once I got the settings for the WAN interface! It was down to the speed and duplex, the ONT didn't like being in autonegotiate mode so had to set it to 1000 baseT Full Duplex, and it connected straight away.

Soldato
I'm using one I built myself running PFSense, no issues once I got the settings for the WAN interface! It was down to the speed and duplex, the ONT didn't like being in autonegotiate mode so had to set it to 1000 baseT Full Duplex, and it connected straight away.
What settings are needed? will BRSK give these? as i will be using PFSense as well.

Associate
What settings are needed? will BRSK give these? as i will be using PFSense as well.
Brsk just say you can use any router, they dont give specific instructions. All I did was set my WAN to DHCP and DHCP6 and manually set the speed and duplex to 1000baseT Full Duplex, it was then able to connect.

Last edited:
Soldato
My installation is on Monday. What is the default BRSK router like? Are the settings pretty limited as they are with VM Hubs? Also does the fibre converter need to be on an external wall or can the fibre be run through the house to a internal wall where I want the converter to be mounted?

Last edited:
Associate
My installation is on Monday. What is the default BRSK router like? Are the settings pretty limited as they are with VM Hubs? Also does the fibre converter need to be on an external wall or can the fibre be run through the house to a internal wall where I want the converter to be mounted?
The BRSK router is alright , Limited on settings like the virgin router.

My ONT is mounted on a inside wall , my installers were very accommodating as to where I wanted it mounting , there was quite a lot of spare cable which they coil up behind the ONT on the mounting bracket

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like the October Offers are live,

BetterNet 100Mbps - £18 PCM 24 Months Contract

BetterNet 500Mbps - £23 PCM 24 Months Contract

BetterNet 900Mbps - £30 PCM 24 Months Contract

My referral code is below should you wish to sign up - we will both receive £75 worth of Amazon Vouchers , if ordering over the phone I believe you can quote CEKC

https://brsk.uk/CEKC

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah the router is a Technicolor dg0122 which is pretty basic, though you have full admin access to do what you like with it. You can also use your own router if you don't want to use theirs. For the ONT, they will put it mostly where ever you want, mine is in an upstairs bedroom at the back of my property, they were able to run the fibre around the side of the house and in through the back wall directly into the room. The installation was done very neatly and the Engineer even hoovered as he was drilling the hole, so no dust!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is there a promotion on for a number of months free?

£22.50/month is the same over a 24 month period as £30/month with a 6-month free period. They’re just saying they will charge you for the first six months rather than it being £0 initially.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there a promotion on for a number of months free?

£22.50/month is the same over a 24 month period as £30/month with a 6-month free period. They’re just saying they will charge you for the first six months rather than it being £0 initially.
So essentially it will be £540 over the 24 months ?

Soldato
My service is now installed and live. The install ended up being a larger job than expected mainly due to trees and other foliage out the back which made routing the cable more challenging for the installer. The guy did a neat job though inside and outside the house. So far so good :)

Associate
My service is now installed and live. The install ended up being a larger job than expected mainly due to trees and other foliage out the back which made routing the cable more challenging for the installer. The guy did a neat job though inside and outside the house. So far so good :)
Same for me - the technicians installed it exactly where I wanted it , had no issues with my service so far

Soldato
Ive just cancelled my 500 meg contract, which hasnt gone live yet, they say the end of this month / 1st week of November, and instead signed up for the 900 meg service which is currently cheaper, £30 a month for the duration of the contract which is 24 months, bye bye VM, Sky steam box with BRSK works out cheaper, VM are seriously going to have to review their prices and drop them rather than putting them up lol.

If anyone wants a referal link, PM me as we will both get a £75 Rainforest voucher.

Or do I just post the referal link here ?

Soldato
Ive just cancelled my 500 meg contract, which hasnt gone live yet, they say the end of this month / 1st week of November, and instead signed up for the 900 meg service which is currently cheaper, £30 a month for the duration of the contract which is 24 months, bye bye VM, Sky steam box with BRSK works out cheaper, VM are seriously going to have to review their prices and drop them rather than putting them up lol.

If anyone wants a referal link, PM me as we will both get a £75 Rainforest voucher.

Or do I just post the referal link here ?
They have been saying this to me since November 2022 lol, gets moved back each month, but im stuck in a contract with VM so no issues.

Last edited:
Soldato
So they are coming out to me on Thursday afternoon to do the install, yay......I'm going to be using my own router, for now it's an Asus router until my Flint 2 arrives, however I read that after the install it can take up to 3 days for the connection to go live, is that right ?

Back
Top Bottom