BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
Compared to Virgin, very stable. I use my own router though - with 2.5gb WAN and LAN.

I have 3 boys who stream and game, missis who on Netflix and it handles it without any issues.

I get 6ms ping to bbc from Derbyshire.
Stupid question... How do I set this up with Sky gigafast on IPv6? I've set it up with IPv4 but I keep getting 'not a valid IP address' when I try IPv6. Thanks

Soldato
ill be honest and not set up IPV6 yet mate.
Ok no worries, thanks mate. I've just moved from BT to Sky and generally the connection doesn't seem to be behaving as well (plus the speed tests are a bit slower). Will see how it beds in after a couple of weeks and check on the IPv4 BQM that I've set up :)

Man of Honour
Ok no worries, thanks mate. I've just moved from BT to Sky and generally the connection doesn't seem to be behaving as well (plus the speed tests are a bit slower). Will see how it beds in after a couple of weeks and check on the IPv4 BQM that I've set up :)
If you are on FTTP there is no bedding in period.

Man of Honour
I was worried about that. BT was solid 920mbit on speed tests whereas Sky is often less than 800mbit.
If it's over cabled then that's definitely a Sky issue. There were reports of them having capacity issues which is why they didn't offer 900 Mbps for some time.

Soldato
If it's over cabled then that's definitely a Sky issue. There were reports of them having capacity issues which is why they didn't offer 900 Mbps for some time.
Yep, it’s cabled to my PC. Unfortunately the guaranteed minimum speed is 600mbit, so I’ll probably have to put up with it.

Back
Top Bottom