DLRpY5bt.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Update:

More things arrived:

EK-Supremacy EVO - Full Nickel:

8QR9G1ol.jpg
I'm not too happy about the machining on the top surface, it has a curved gaining effect. Will polish it with some metal polish at some point.

fsM4zMvl.jpg
Dismantled to replace jet plate for 1151.

RguwBBpl.jpg
I'm going to goofy mount. would have been nice if the 'Supremacy EVO' engraving was flipped

Radiator assembly:

OPG8CLkt.jpg

OQj3cBel.jpg
Rad mounted upside down... duh!

kCd9jgnl.jpg
finished assembly with fan filter

Cables arrived:

I have spare braided cables in case I don't fancy the red.

xF8qr7jl.jpg

OdhQESSl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
GPU Update

My MSi 1070 Armour arrived,

and it is too long... by about 10mm,

Note: PSU can't be mounted
4soV3WBl.jpg

The case is mod-able to make it fit but it is not worth the effort, and wait for EK to release a water block, (they sell the Seahawk EK so my guess is not any time soon)

Might return it for a reference card.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Agree, it's a very fun case to work with, but can get tedious with so many screws.

As much as I like modern cases such as Define series and Evolv ATX, they are just variations of basically the same thing. They make it too easy to build in, like cable management all thought out for you. It takes away a lot of the building experience IMHO. I've always liked weird cases, like the Silverstone Fortress series (got a FT03) and Parvam cases.

Not actually seen the Alphacool pipes in person yet, was meant to turn up from Germany on Friday but UPS delayed due to weather, on the same day DPD delivered an OcUK parcel, go figures... Planned to get a lot done over the week end but now is delayed.

I have a little pipe cutter that works wonders on PETG and copper. Hoping for the best. Can always jigsaw. How did you cut it?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Update: Some holes drilled

just a small update:

Majority of holes are now drilled:

Measured and marked:

VrbW3dol.jpg

done:

51cZDU8l.jpg

pump ready for test fit:

cDzA4xPl.jpg

Test fitted:

Iax7T1Fl.jpg

I missed the mark :( but should be fine, will need a longer G1/4 extension

Xmk1KFHl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That's not far off. I've been far farther off the mark than that :rolleyes: ...not that it's a competition! :D
Sure you can sort it out with the Dremel you surely have to have used for the slot :D

Looks good though. I like the idea of taking the pipework straight through the midplate so they're hidden. Nice.

Yeah, it's really not that bad, just not centred like the inlet hole. I've got a 25mm hole saw, will make the hole bigger (from 20mm). Wanna avoid the Dremel for that part as it can be seen.

will hopefully get it done tomorrow when the hard pipes arrive.

Associate
OP
Alphacool stuff arrived

Q8xI4qQt.jpg

The Alphacool Eiszapfen fittings are pretty nice.
mHvEAX3t.jpg

Did a test cut, really not that hard to get a decent cut ;)

SF3HcPTt.jpg

I've updated the Plan section with these pictrures:
yYLSN1Il.jpg
LsTaW7fl.jpg

The brass tubes are very heavy, I will only be using about half the length (and weight) after cutting but I am very worried about sag.... not good for carrying water.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I am using compression fittings that squeezes the o ring to grip the pipe, very common in water cool builds. I was not aware of over fittings for hard tubing (other than push-fit used in plumbing).

What i have:
SMjtU5Gl.jpg

Is the above any good?

Maybe I should not use double rotary fittings for the CPU block, they feel very flimsy.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It's as you say, the Alphacool dual rotary is very easy to rotate. I have some EK-AF and they are pretty solid, would have used those if they were not nickel.

Have absolutely no confidence in the dual rotary to hold up the brass tubes. won't be wasted though as they will be perfect for the GPU block.

I can't find any stock of Alphacool single rotary elbows. i ordered 2x Barrows instead.

From research, they have the same design and chrome finish as the Alphacool and Bitspower equivalent.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks, it's just a very simple loop

Helped a m8 do a PETG loop recently, as fun as it was doing it turned out a bit cluttered. Wanted to try something cleaner.

Associate
OP
Small update:

Decided to ditch the MSi 1070 for a Founders Edition as the EK block is not full cover, plus too much work to fit in my case.

Don't feel like returning it as I paid £385 for it, and don't think I will get another at that price anytime soon.

Also, a heads up, the EK 1070 block is sold for just £75.95.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-fc1070-gtx-nickel-plexi-wc-9ao-ek.html

That's not bad considering 1080 version is the same thing (with different engraving) is £89.99. I've got my order in :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Update

Managed to get a few hours in before work

More holes drilled:
LiGqvEtl.jpg

Did a bit of messing about:
GRMVvDVl.jpg
In all honesty, it does not look bad at all, just not cool as chrome hard tube.

kfa2obHl.jpg
One pipe nearly cut. Might have screwed up one end, at least I have a fall back plan (above).

Last edited:
Associate
OP
More shopping arrived

Decision time: Hard for soft tubing for the front?

Si1flJyl.jpg
7jn8WBPl.jpg

Pros/Cons for soft tubing:

+Easier to implement
+Easier to maintain, change CPU etc.
+Much more secure/safer imh (passthrough is directly over open vented PSU :eek:)
+Gives more balance of clear plastic around the case (tube res and GPU block)
-I loose a 'focal point' of the build​

Pros/Cons for metal tubing:

+Bling Bling
+Looks clean
+Expensive and too late to return it
-Maintanance
-Chrome tube can be considered out of place, not a perfect match with the nickel CPU block​

Also more shopping arrived:
ZfS7UDjl.jpg

Just waiting on a batch of black fittings then should be near completion

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Leaning towards soft tubing now... the thing is, I seemed to have f'ed up one of my cuts with the brass, as my £4 B&Q tool keeps spiraling. And I slightly shredded the captive O-ring on one of the AC fittings.

I do already have the parts, and may tackle the brass tube later.

The amount of money i wasted on extra fittings and water cooling parts, I really could have bought a 1080 instead of a 1070. That I am quite gutted about. Oh well, excuse for daddy Pascal I guess...

Already built up with soft tube, (took 5 mins :D), to see how it looks. Will post an update post in a sec.

Associate
OP
Update: GPU Block fitted, test fit with soft tube

GPU stripped on day 1:

MpwUjzZl.jpg

That too longer to dismantle as I can't find my 4mm Hex driver bit. Used pliers :eek:. Typically, I find the hex bit after i am done :mad::mad::mad:

tt1rMh9l.jpg

All done, and reference cooler package away. It's a shame, dispite it's noise, it is a very pretty cooler, has really grown on me.

And, all test fitted:
wm88FyVl.jpg

1mm gap :p
u1fYYoAl.jpg

SLI maybe:
RsNLEjLl.jpg

Back, yeah, screwed up when trying to make a hole bigger, luckily I am a evil genius and did it from the back :rolleyes:
TWPFYvcl.jpg

Proposed final look:

6yefO8ol.jpg

OOTOUJOl.jpg

Sorry those are the best angles I can get, without the tampered glass reflecting my naked body.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Tried Black fittings, not too sure about it:

xarMVtql.jpg
KiQvtUYl.jpg Black vs Nickel wm88FyVl.jpg

And more work done on GPU:

ZHKDAvgl.jpg
dpGBZBJl.jpg
heh, hard tube is overrated :p

Sorry for mix and match fittings, I'm short of EK-AF Fittings, nowhere has stock, anyone that has MM access is welcome to help me out :) Link

Last edited:
Associate
OP
This is nice. You've done well to work within the limitations of the case, which they didn't make very custom loop friendly. For the price that it is, this surprised me.

Thanks.

There is 2 ways of looking at it to justify the price of the case IMO.

I can easily have used a Define S i have lying around. And building it with PETG will probably take me 4 days max to finish it.

But this Lian Li, I pay for the building experience. I enjoy sitting and staring at it, to think of ideas to make things work. That I also see as value, I'm possibly a minority but each to there own :p

But an expensive case does not automatically mean water cooling friendly :). But in all honesty, for it's size, an un-modded PC-O6S is not too bad. I just went (drill-)trigger happy on it :D.

P.s. I paid £215 B-Grade for it ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom