Call of Duty 2016 - Includes COD4 remaster

Soldato
I'll be buying the MW remaster but not if I have to buy the new game too. I'd pay full price for MW but im not going to pay even more just to buy this new tripe with it.

Caporegime
you do realize that everyone of us pc nuts says similar and there cod sales goes up even more :p

even if its £50 most people will pay that for cod 4 mp.alone.

Soldato
COD4 was simply amazing when it came out! Besides maybe one half decent attempt since then, they have been pretty ropey.
Played COD4 on xbox 360 so will be excited to get the remake on the PC :D

Well done!

Associate
I'm just going to cave now and say I'll be buying Infinite Wars, no point in trying to deny it.

The Remaster looks good but can't help think it will be tweaked from the original. Might go back and play through the original again.

Last edited:
Suspended
Some comparisons..

UI4sjQs.png

Bp5w5jX.jpg.png

Looking forward to it, loved the campaign on it too. "all ghillied up" was an awesome mission in Chernobyl.

Hope they keep the legendary menu theme music.

Last edited:
Soldato
not even that old to remaster.

Even if you did have fun playing it, It wont be the same & your falling into the developers hands to copy/paste & get money

Developers put money into story,Maps,Graphics,Code

Remaster all your getting is "graphics"
They just redo the maps exactly the same with new "HD" graphics a charge you another £50? that will be bull.

Maybe if they sell it for £15.

Doing almost no work & sucking you dry

Man of Honour
not even that old to remaster.

Even if you did have fun playing it, It wont be the same & your falling into the developers hands to copy/paste & get money

Developers put money into story,Maps,Graphics,Code

Remaster all your getting is "graphics"
They just redo the maps exactly the same with new "HD" graphics a charge you another £50? that will be bull.

Maybe if they sell it for £15.

Doing almost no work & sucking you dry

Remaster can mean a lot of things albeit usually its just a lazy HD make over of some of the graphics. In some cases it has included more polish/updating of mechanics (while still retaining the spirit of the original) and/or implementing things as they were originally intended before being cut back for budget or time reasons. In other cases liberties are taken and movement feel or other things that made the original special are lost.

Chances are though its just a dirty copy n paste job into a newer engine with stuff missing, shortcuts taken, etc. might only be the SP without other features as well.

Suspended
Remaster can mean a lot of things albeit usually its just a lazy HD make over of some of the graphics. In some cases it has included more polish/updating of mechanics (while still retaining the spirit of the original) and/or implementing things as they were originally intended before being cut back for budget or time reasons. In other cases liberties are taken and movement feel or other things that made the original special are lost.

Chances are though its just a dirty copy n paste job into a newer engine with stuff missing, shortcuts taken, etc. might only be the SP without other features as well.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered boasts vibrant current generation visuals, with fully improved texture resolution and detail, high-dynamic range lighting, lit and shadowing VFX particles, revamped animation and audio, stunning sound, and much more. Fans will relive the full, iconic campaign as they’re transported around the globe with Capt. Price, Gaz and Soap across all the missions from the original game, including “All Ghillied Up,” “Charlie Don’t Surf,” and “Crew Expendable.” Players will also experience the online multiplayer mode that redefined Call of Duty by introducing killstreaks, XP, Prestige and more, and battle head-to-head in 10 fan-favorite maps from the original multiplayer mode, including classics such as “Crash,” “Backlot” and “Crossfire.”

The amount of fun I had on cod4 back in the day was unbelievable. Such good times.. I am looking forward to replaying the campaign and multiplayer once more.

Soldato
I can see them charging an astronomical amount of money for this.

It completely stinks that you may have to purchase the next in the series to play a remastered version. But of course everyone will lap it up.

Black op's 3 is pretty much the only purchase I've ever regretted buying so I'm not really too keen on this new one.

Back
Top Bottom