Can I sell my steam account???

Associate
I was just wondering if you are allowed to sell it, I have been converted to the X360 side (I know, im weak) and havent used it in quite some time.
I thought I remembered reading that Valve dont actually allow you selling them but after thinking about what I was taught in law class im not so sure.

Now I orinally recieved the account when I bought a 9800XT and got a free half-life2 voucher, since then I upgraded to silver for the extra games, so technacally (sp?) I have paid for it and am the owner of it so am I allowed to sell it?

The steps for selling would have to be-

-Find a buyer
-Change the password to one of the sellers choice
-Get him to log in and change the password, so no-one else can log in
-Get him to change all the details to his own

Last edited:
Associate
Why not? As long as transferance of ownership of your account includes all the games on it, there's nothing illegal about it. I'm certain it's against the lisence agreement, and the person buying it could get banned (technically). But then against the EULA of any game will probably say it's non-transferable, and yet the second-hand market is booming and I've yet to see a publisher taking somebody to court for buying a used game off ebay.

Associate
OP
manveruppd said:
Why not? As long as transferance of ownership of your account includes all the games on it, there's nothing illegal about it. I'm certain it's against the lisence agreement, and the person buying it could get banned (technically). But then against the EULA of any game will probably say it's non-transferable, and yet the second-hand market is booming and I've yet to see a publisher taking somebody to court for buying a used game off ebay.

Yeah, I think I'll keep it for now then, I dont need the hassle of selling it and then the new owner getting banned. I checked also on the steam support and they have a whole section there I havent seen before saying they will ban an account if they find it has been sold.

Back
Top Bottom