Cant get onto online site

Soldato
Hello,

I am trying to get to my forums which are online, however i cannot get onto them i get:

The connection has timed out
The server at www.blahblah.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I have done a DNS flush, spyware searches etc and still no luck

Any ideas?

Soldato
OP
Hi,

It's not a shameless plug but it is usavio.com/forums everyone seems to be able to get on apart from me.

I am sure theres a list of sites that get 'blocked' and the address stored in 'windows' somewhere but no idea where

Soldato
Scottland said:
Can you ping the site?
Not a good indicator of service though.

Post the site here if you like, we'll soon tell you if it's down or not.

[edit]It's slow, but I can get there. Use nslookup, and see what IP address it resolves to (should be 72.36.155.170).

Man of Honour
Appears to be with lucidnet.com. Which looks like a 12 year old's template with awful grammar and spelling, and a demo login that doesn't even work.

I also like the way they say "unmetered" for add-on domains etc. Surely they mean unlimited :D

Also, the AUP is also absolutely shocking. It repeats itself, disagrees with itself, and uses different terminoligy throughout. I'm not even sure it was all written by them. I tried to match it up with an AUP from a larger host but couldn't comprehensively prove with unique phrases. But I did find terminoligy which matched the FDCservers AUP (which has also been copied lots), and an entire paragraph from the Comcast AUP.

Oh - and just incase this part is correct - they don't allow uploading of mp3 or Real files. Must because of all the violence and bombings they cause :eek: :D

Back
Top Bottom