Capturing data from invoices using the Numbers app

Associate
I know what I'd trying to say, but struggling to describe it.

Is it possible to create a spreadsheet (Using Numbers) which is capable of capturing data automatically from an invoice also created within Numbers?

For example. I have an invoice temple (in Numbers) which I use to invoice my customers.

Currently, to keep tabs of my income, all of the information on each invoice needs to be manually copied to another sheet with the spreadsheet so I know what I'm owed, who owes me etc, if there are overdue payments, and when I get paid.

Each time I create a new invoice, I need to manually clear all the data (name, date, amount owed etc) from the sheet, before creating a new invoice for my next customer.

I know I can take the data from this invoice and copy it to other sheets within my document. But can this be automated at all?

The automation I'd like would include :

A button (or similar) that I could press which would automatically :
  • Clear all the appropriate data in the relevant cells on the invoice. Leaving me with a new invoice each time. (I think this is do able)
  • Automatic creation of the next invoice number in the sequence, (so invoice 001, followed by 002, 003 etc.) (I think this is do able)
  • Taking data from the invoice, such as name, date created, amount due etc, and put those figures into a separate sheet (on a new line for each invoice) so that totals of income over the year, travel costs, and expenses etc can be calulcated simply. (I'm less sure about this being possible)

So, as an example

21/9/2023 Fred Bloggs £100
22/9/2023 Dave Smith £150

etc

Is this do-able, or am I asking the impossible?

Thanks in advance,

Hussman

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom