Car mount / holder

Man of Honour
Thought this would be relevant enough here.

Does anyone recommend a phone holder? I don't really like the vent mounted ones. I use Android Auto (wirelessly) but it would be good to be able to mount my phone nonetheless as I like to charge it.

Unfortunately owing to it being a large phone (pixel 8 pro) it doesn't fit fully in any of the cubby holes around the centre console.

I don't really want a magnetic one as I have a clear case (I like the blue of my phone it's a little different to that ubiquitous black slab), that said if a magnetic one is the best option will it work with a clear case? I'm happy to be here convinced otherwise.

Ideally I'd like it near the centre console rather than the driver side.

Associate
I like my Carmount, but it is magnetic so may not be for you

Small and discrete. I just stick the magnet to the outside rear of my phone case.

Last edited:
Associate
I bought the VANMASS BEST Car Phone Holder from amazon 6 months a go and it's been brilliant. Better than my old one that used to wobble around. This one is nice and solid and very adjustable.
It has lots of mounting options too. Also it hasn't fell off yet like the old one used to do when the weather was warmer but it hasn't been that hot yet has it :D

Associate
I'm using a magsafe case with my pixel 8 with a vent mount. Easy to attach and charge. Only downside is the extremely slow wireless charging

Soldato
I've got two of these but they seem difficult to find nowadays. (I bought them from Amazon) Automatically hold your phone of any size, wireless charging with auto shut off if the car is too hot. I also use wireless Android Auto with mine.

Brilliant car holder, which only needs one hand to use, and no risk of your phone dropping out.

Associate
I've got two of these but they seem difficult to find nowadays. (I bought them from Amazon) Automatically hold your phone of any size, wireless charging with auto shut off if the car is too hot. I also use wireless Android Auto with mine.

Brilliant car holder, which only needs one hand to use, and no risk of your phone dropping out.

That is well snazzy :eek:

Soldato
Changed to a three legged vent mount in my van first, then bought one for the car I was that impressed.

Interestingly enough this is exactly the way I use my auto clamping/charging holder ( I mentioned above) in the van. Totally rock solid, rather than bouncing around stuck from the screen sucker.

0BsPaEZ.jpeg

Soldato
Sorry to gatecrash the thread. I'm looking to replace my Yosh air vent holder as it's broken the air vents and tends to droop once the phone is inserted.

Here's another Yosh I'm thinking of buying to attach to the dash with suction. It has an extending arm so I should be able to position it as close as my vent holder.

There's an option at the top to select a £15.99 version and a £16.99 version. I might as well get the £15.99 one unless anyone see any functional difference between them?

My dash has a textured surface as seen in my photo. Will suction be fine with that?

Associate
Out of interest, what is your car?

Could be worth looking at a car-specific one? for example, I have an Audi A3 and there's custom bracket i use to fit around my vents to give a cleaner look when the phone isn't mounted.

product_image+copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom