*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

Caporegime
Morning beading. Nothing special just good old collinite 476s.

BA3KN1e.jpeg

Underboss
OP
woke up this morning expecting rain
sun was shining, so ran out and cleaned it

30 to 40 mins later it was done :)

Slightly different approach this morning

Sprayed car down with Rinsless wash (a higher concentration)
Rinseless washed car inc wheels with black sponge

Then i would normally dry it but instead (as it needed a top up of Turtle wax "wax"
I went over the car and wheels with turtle wax wash & wax with a microfibre cloth
This dried it and applied wax at the same time :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys, I've been using a brush with this Maguiars tyre gel and the results are great, super black gloss shine.

20240401-150334.jpg

But I guess it's quicker with an applicator pad and probably more evenly spread. Which of these pads would you recommend? I'm going to pop up to Halfords now. Will the Maguiars be better, more washable and generally last longer?

A https://www.halfords.com/motoring/c...ft-foam-applicator-pads-twin-pack-538439.html

or

B https://www.halfords.com/motoring/c...-polish-applicator-pads-pack-of-2-191332.html

Last edited:
Soldato
@Merlin5

Just a recommendation as I’ve found mine a pleasure to use…

Tend to use Auto Glym, Turtlewax and Megs Gel with it with no issues, I try my best to hand clean it with fairy liquid after each use.

From EuroCarParts

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Mine is so due a wash.

OhSh1SD.jpg

That's better

GzOUq6j.jpg

Washed with 30ml GT shampoo in 10L bucket. Lots of suds and lube. Surfex HD @10% used on wheels to loosen up that brake dust.

Topped of the paint with a AF aqua spray. I used loads this time and it's restored the gloss and beading with ease. No tyre dressing in that pic, still a wet tyre. I also haven't treated the plastics in 6 months yet it still looks good, spray wax is helping I think.

Edit.... The beads this morning

Dz62TWp.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys, I've been using a brush with this Maguiars tyre gel and the results are great, super black gloss shine.

20240401-150334.jpg

But I guess it's quicker with an applicator pad and probably more evenly spread. Which of these pads would you recommend? I'm going to pop up to Halfords now. Will the Maguiars be better, more washable and generally last longer?

A https://www.halfords.com/motoring/c...ft-foam-applicator-pads-twin-pack-538439.html

or

B https://www.halfords.com/motoring/c...-polish-applicator-pads-pack-of-2-191332.html
My tyre guy tells me tyre gel is a very bad idea as it dries out causes the rubber to crack & chemicals in the tyre to leak!

Soldato
My tyre guy tells me tyre gel is a very bad idea as it dries out causes the rubber to crack & chemicals in the tyre to leak!

I’d argue not using it is bad, especially if you use a tyre cleaner to remove that brown stuff you get on them.

That’s the UV coating and conditioner. If you don’t replace that, your tyres will perish more quickly.

Associate
I’ve had two of these and being heavy handed both have had the Sponge fall out, it’s just glued in..

Most likely due to caveman like application :D

But you would think they would be tough enough to rip the sponge before the glue gives way…
My sponge came out last weekend, but must have had it a few years now. Ironically actually find it much easier to use and apply with just the sponge :cry:

Soldato
That's better

GzOUq6j.jpg

Washed with 30ml GT shampoo in 10L bucket. Lots of suds and lube. Surfex HD @10% used on wheels to loosen up that brake dust.

Topped of the paint with a AF aqua spray. I used loads this time and it's restored the gloss and beading with ease. No tyre dressing in that pic, still a wet tyre. I also haven't treated the plastics in 6 months yet it still looks good, spray wax is helping I think.

Edit.... The beads this morning

Dz62TWp.jpg

The 1LTR Aqua Coats for £6 ish were an absolute steal.

It’s so easy and none fussy to apply.

Are you happy with the purchase?

———

Recently gave the Interior a clean on the Truck - Being a Utility/Commercial Spec everything is hard wearing so I used diluted Citrus Pre Wash on the Floors and Rubber Matts.

It made light work of all the dried on mud and general grime which had accumulated.

Last edited:
Soldato
Morning beading. Nothing special just good old collinite 476s.

BA3KN1e.jpeg
I'm a big fan of good old fashioned solid Carnauba wax. It's easy to chase the latest products but for the last 20 years I've used Autoglym SRP topped off with solid Carnauba (previously Harly wax and then Collinite 476). Never felt the need for anything different.

Soldato
The 1LTR Aqua Coats for £6 ish were an absolute steal.

It’s so easy and none fussy to apply.

Are you happy with the purchase?
Yeah it's excellent especially for the price we got it for. 2 bottles should last a long while. I like that it works well on trim and glass to and just covers everything. It does leave a bit of a waxy residue in on glass if I apply too much.

I spray it on a quarter of the car then spread it around with a clean but wet wash mitt to get an even spread before rinsing with a standard hose.

Soldato
Car has got quite a bit of green grime building up in nooks and crannies... Should have done at least a small mid-winter wash!

What's the best way to sort it out? Before a proper wash, during, or give it a general wash then spot check any problem areas? I've got BH Auto Wash, Surfex HD, and some very cheap spray n shine type stuff I've never tried. No pressure washer so it's buckets only sadly.

Back
Top Bottom