Caravan tracking

Associate
Hi all.

I'm after some advice for a caravan tracker. Ideally what I'm looking for is a self contained battery powered tracker that connects location to multiple phones using the app/system. Has anyone got any experience or advice on a product that meets that need?

Thanks in advance
FluffySheep

Soldato
Hi all.

I'm after some advice for a caravan tracker. Ideally what I'm looking for is a self contained battery powered tracker that connects location to multiple phones using the app/system. Has anyone got any experience or advice on a product that meets that need?

Thanks in advance
FluffySheep
Your better off with a hard wired one. Battery ones dont last long but Amazon do a few, Just needs a PAYG sim

However I'd still go with a hardwired one.
50+ vans 30 hardwired (no issues) 20 Plug in OBD (all have gone faulty at some point)

Associate
OP
Wouldn't a couple of Air Tags hidden in the caravan do the job?
Apple claims the battery can last upto 1 year.
Problem with airtags is that anyone nicking caravans will have a phone set to detect nearby airtags and when your looking at £30k van your either good enough to spot this or serving porridge

FluffySheep

Soldato
Problem with airtags is that anyone nicking caravans will have a phone set to detect nearby airtags and when your looking at £30k van your either good enough to spot this or serving porridge

FluffySheep
Ahh fair enough, i didn't know they worked like that.
But if they were hidden properly, surely you would have enough time to locate the caravan if it was stolen?
Wouldn't you know pretty soon, that it was stolen?
Obviously if there is a dedicated tracker, this would be better, but as a temporary stogap/ extra layer of security it might work?

Last edited:
Soldato
Ahh fair enough, i didn't know they worked like that.
But if they were hidden properly, surely you would have enough time to locate the caravan if it was stolen?
Wouldn't you know pretty soon, that it was stolen?
Obviously if there is a dedicated tracker, this would be better, but as a temporary stogap/ extra layer of security it might work?
The problem is that if you're near an Airtag, your (anyone's) iPhone goes ding. It's a security feature to stop people dropping Airtags into someone's backpack and stalking them.

Back
Top Bottom