Case Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoss

T

TheBoss

lol, Its the digitheatre System, the front 2 speakers have 2 parts, its supposed to be directional or something, i have 2 more sets behind me aswell :)

Ive just ordered myself a new set anyway, the Gigaworks from Creative. They are 7.1, god knows what im goign to do with the extra 2 :confused:

Soldato
Boss: Thats nice.
42" from a few feet back must give a cinematic impression.

Quick questions,

What screen res you running at and do you use AA effects to improve the image quality?
Plasma pixels are much larger than newer LCD technology how do you find the plasma up so close and for general www. etc?
What plasma make/model is it?

TheBoss

T

TheBoss

The Make is: Artico
and the model is: HP-4200

The res i use is a widescreen res: 1280x768

It will go all the way up to 1280x1024

Unfortunately Graphics cards have yet to support the native resolutions so any small text on the screen is very hard to read almost to the point of impossible.

If i go to yahoo, the subtitles at the top are hard to read. (Mobile/SMS, Finance, Mail)

I would never recommend the screen for anyone who is heavy into text (typing, accounts, bla bla) Tho my screen has a native res of only 852x480, MAYBE the newer screen with over 1000dpi native would be better at displaying text. I was told however that the higher Red screen have problems in the refresh rate area of some kind. (might be fixed by now)

Graphics however are the sweetest ive seen from any display in any res. The colours are Ultra vibrant and there is no problem with refresh rate, the display feels constant and i dont get the headaches i used to get close up with a CRT.

I play First person shooters most of my time (mainly the reson i got the screen) and due to the pure size i can now see details that i never knew of and people clipping round a corner might aswell wave at me :D

I watch TV on the plasma which looks great (it has a built in TV tuner, tho i use NTL) and DVD's just look awsome :)

hope that helps

Final statement: If your into games and Films, GET ONE!

Soldato
Originally posted by TheBoss

Unfortunately Graphics cards have yet to support the native resolutions so any small text on the screen is very hard to read almost to the point of impossible.

I see your on a Nvidia card, have you ever tried "Tv Tool" it may help with the text problem.

Although I guess your connected via VGA than a Svhs, but worth a try.

V F

V F

Soldato
Home Entertainment System:

room1.jpg

pic 2
pic 3
room4.jpg

Associate
Hey chopper those blue neons u got under your amp, MD and whatever else. Where did you get them from, i think they would look really good under my amp,md and cd serperates too.
That setup looks really cool, those blue lights make all that!

Soldato
Guys all you need is:

a) A neon tube / typical PC one
b) Small Voltage adapter socket/plug

Plug has various voltages on it to increase/decrease the voltage and brightness. Only takes a few moments to attach the wires and bingo your in neon navana

Most electrical stores will have the Voltage Plug and should cost ya under a 5 spot.

Other option is to buy a USB style connection tube, simple

Last edited:
Associate
File Server
DSCI0020.png

Divx Machine
DSCI0001.png

Divx Machine with PSU moved to 5.25 bays. It used to be on top of the CPU fan, what a stupid place to put a psu.
DSCI0028.png

DSCI0031.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom