Cases with motherboards rotated 90 degrees

Associate
Hi,

Looking for a case that allows the motherboard to be placed at 90 degrees, so the i/o ports are at the top. Found some from SilverStone but they seem rather expensive. Are there any other manufactures that make these?

I know in some giant cases like the Tower900 this is the default. But after a regular mid to full sized tower.

~Krill

Soldato
What's the budget? The Silverstone Fortress FT02 is a reasonably sized case, verging on the large I guess, I know I had one. You may be able to purchase second hand though?

Associate
OP
What's the budget? The Silverstone Fortress FT02 is a reasonably sized case, verging on the large I guess, I know I had one. You may be able to purchase second hand though?
Was hoping to keep it under 200.

Out of curiosity, why do you want one with the rotated layout?
Don't have much space under the table, not deep enough, so don't want it sticking out. And like the outputs at the top.

Soldato
Was hoping to keep it under 200.

Don't have much space under the table, not deep enough, so don't want it sticking out. And like the outputs at the top.

Do note that cases like the silverstone FT02 are limited with what length GPU will fit and that case worked far better with the old style GPU blower coolers.
I changed from using my FT02 due to it causing high Heat problems with my Asus ROG Strix 2080ti

Last edited:
Soldato

To be fair the Silverstone FT02 is quite a long/deep case, so maybe not what you're after. There is plenty of normal sized cases that have I/O on the top of the case though?

Associate
Even the blower style cards can cause problems as the issue is to do with the orientation of the heat pipes and whether or not they prove too much of an obstacle for the wicking material inside the pipes.

@Krillian could you get a standard compact ATX case and mount it under the desk with something similar to this? It rotates to allow access to ports at the back.

3B6G3qk.png
8YZItq6.png

Last edited:
Associate
I went with thermaltakes cte700 air that was on sale here mainly because I'm an old git and the extra space to work in will be a godsend bonus that it's a really good case.

Back
Top Bottom