Championship/EFL Thread 23/24

Don
Hi all,

I think we have a few EFL supporters in the community, so rather than posts getting lost amongst the Greenlizard PL threads, it might just be worth posting EFL chat here.

Don't get used to this, but here at the Championship fixtures for the opening weekend.

After 2 years of hating football, I'm back looking forward to watching Leeds, no idea what to expect but I'm quietly confident I'll be happy most weekends this season.

1690987665619.png

Caporegime
Going to be a long season for us I fear (Blackburn)

Struggled for goals last season and we haven’t brought in anyone to replace the goals we’ve lost.

Last edited:
Associate
Can't see us troubling the top 6 much through the season. I fear upper mid-table mediocrity at best.
I hope I'm wrong!

Last edited:
Associate
Hopefully Leeds don't do another Leeds. I'm happy with Farke, good style of Football. He should have taken over after Papa Bielsa.

Soldato
It'd be good to see Saints come straight back up. I think they'll have to be my championship team this year.
Really difficult to call the championship at this point, that could be the best side saints out out all season if a few more leave before the window closes. Same can be said for Leicester and Leeds nobody really knows what the squads will look like yet!

Associate
Assuming Leeds' players are up for high tempo and work they'll do well, however wonder if Farké will have prepared a Plan B for Leeds? that was one of his downfalls with us. The other being over reliant on a star player: Emí. When he was either out injured or after being sold, we could never come remotely close to playing as before.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good start to the season for us, Stoke. Looks like Alex Neil did some good work pre-season and in the transfer market that seems to have paid off. Not getting complacent though, I'm going to give it a few games.

Associate
After 2 years of hating football, I'm back looking forward to watching Leeds, no idea what to expect but I'm quietly confident I'll be happy most weekends this season.
There’s always next weekend :eek: Leeds looking pretty threatening going forward with Sinisterra and Gnonto linking up. Same old with defending though, shocking

Back
Top Bottom