Change to MM access after 1st January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commissario
As you will be aware, access to the Overclockers Members Market is controlled by two factors, post count (1000) and membership length (six months). Our rules also state the following:

Once you have access, we expect you to continue participating in the other forums outside of MM. If it is noticed that you only post in the MM area then this may be raised with you. If you no longer participate in the wider community outside of MM then we reserve the right to remove your access.

Up until now, this has always been a manual procedure but as from today, the 1st January 2024 this is automated. To retain access to the MM, you are required to make a minimum of 15 posts in other areas outside MM over a 90 day rolling period in order to retain access. Posts in all sub-forums except New Members and Testing will count towards this.

Notice of this impending change was made on the 21st August 2023 in the MM forum so that all MM users would be aware of it.

If you've logged onto the forum at any time since the 1st January 2024 and found you have no access to MM, this is probably the reason why. When you have made the required contributions outside of the MM, your access will be reinstated automatically within an hour or so. 15 posts in 90 days really isn't a lot, it's just over one post per week and with over 50 sub-forums, there must be something, somewhere you're interested in.

The Overclockers UK forums are a community and by enforcing this, we are making sure that people contribute to the forums outside the MM. The only members it will affect are those who aren't part of the community.

Soldato
Out of curiosity how does that work with the sub forums that no longer increase post count?

Or does this work on a separate counter to the visible post count?

Last edited:
Soldato
So far this year I have posted about films, bacon and being hacked. Guess I need to start posting a bit more regularly. Forgot about the 15 post thing until this morning :rolleyes:

Soldato
To retain access to the MM, you are required to make a minimum of 15 posts in other areas outside MM over a 90 day rolling period in order to retain access.

If you've logged onto the forum at any time since the 1st January 2024 and found you have no access to MM, this is probably the reason why.
Not sure why my access has gone after 20 years on here. I guess I will have to start posting more.
Have you posted 15 times in the last 90 days? :p

Commissario
OP
thats fair and makes sense did login this morning wondering uhhh what

Not sure why my access has gone after 20 years on here. I guess I will have to start posting more.
For over three months, this notice has been at the top of all the MM forums.

oXR3qwt.png

And there's a sticky post which has had around 400 replies.

It's all been explained in there.

Associate
For over three months, this notice has been at the top of all the MM forums.

oXR3qwt.png

And there's a sticky post which has had around 400 replies.

It's all been explained in there.
I have adhd and i am absolutely terrible paying attention to a lot of things, its no big issue to me though . happy new year :)

Associate
The principle of this seems fair but the lack of warning is ridiculous - your post states that you would warn people but you haven’t?

I’m literally on the verge of confirming a transaction in the MM, am I meant to now randomly spam 15 messages just to get access back fast enough to be able to continue a conversation I was already halfway through? It’s silly

Doing something like this without warning is, frankly, ridiculous… did you forget that people might be midway through a transaction?

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Would be interested to know what the actual problem being solved is... I've been a member for 13 years and have 2222 posts, which is an average of 14 posts per month -- but that fluctuates *a lot* depending how busy I am with work and life, and what interesting (or not) topics I come across. In reality does forcing someone to an artificial "15 posts per 90 days" make the tiniest iota of a difference to someone that is actively trying to scam the system? All it's going to do for me is force me to go and post until my count is back up, not natural posts (I think 2222 posts is more than enough evidence of good faith over 13 years). I'm assuming there's a genuine problem that this is trying to solve, but a bit of a weird one for me.

Edit: to say I'm not ungrateful, this is a free service that I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of over the years, and am very appreciative of that. But I also feel like I'm a genuine member, so in a way it feels like I'm being excluded now because I'm not "active enough".

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
The principle of this seems fair but the lack of warning is ridiculous - your post states that you would warn people but you haven’t?

I’m literally on the verge of confirming a transaction in the MM, am I meant to now randomly spam 15 messages just to get access back fast enough to be able to continue a conversation I was already halfway through? It’s silly

Doing something like this without warning is, frankly, ridiculous… did you forget that people might be midway through a transaction?
If the thread from August wasn't enough warning, that's on you really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom