cheap & cheerful mp3 player

Associate
Hi, I'm looking for a recommendation to replace an aging sansa clip mp3 player with a failing battery. I think someone here recommended it and it's served me well for years.

So, i'm looking for something similar (storage minumum 8gb, just for playing mp3s, decent sound, good battery life and i'm not really looking for any frills). Should I stick with sansa players or go for a different brand? the better value the better.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Soldato
Hi, I'm looking for a recommendation to replace an aging sansa clip mp3 player with a failing battery. I think someone here recommended it and it's served me well for years.

So, i'm looking for something similar (storage minumum 8gb, just for playing mp3s, decent sound, good battery life and i'm not really looking for any frills). Should I stick with sansa players or go for a different brand? the better value the better.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Do you own a semi-modern mobile phone?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Do you own a semi-modern mobile phone?Yes, but I don't use it very much. I'm looking for a standalone mp3 player, a direct replacement for the sansa clip.

Yes, but I'm looking for a standalone mp3 player, a direct replacement for the sansa clip, something I won't be worried about dropping or damaging.

Associate
You can still buy these new.

If you liked it pickup another one I believe they use different names now like jam or sport go.

The other option is for around £15 you could replace battery.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You can still buy these new.

If you liked it pickup another one I believe they use different names now like jam or sport go.

The other option is for around £15 you could replace battery.

yeah, was thinking about getting the battery but think it requires soldering, so decided to go for a straight replacement.

Associate
OP
Yeh, just get one of these..

Sansa is Sandisk, which is owned by western digital, FYI.

thanks very much for the link, was going to buy off the rainforest until i saw you could buy from western digital, so bought direct from them. I went for the 8gb version instead though and can grab a micro sd to go with it.

Cheaper than the rainforest and as a new wd member i got 10% off my next purchase, shipping was free, so i'm happy.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Brilliant will buy one for the gym tomorrow, great find

One thing I did notice from this review is if you set region to Europe on initial set up it limits the volume output.. Something you might want to be aware of... Not sure if you can change it back once set.

Soldato
One thing I did notice from this review is if you set region to Europe on initial set up it limits the volume output.. Something you might want to be aware of... Not sure if you can change it back once set.

Brexit bro, no dirty eu stuff here :D

Soldato
On the plus side it's a simple drag and drop music player, and it also supports a wide range of audio formats such as FLAC, which is a good bonus.

Last edited:
Associate
OP

Yes, I selected Europe at first and noticed that straight away, and it's a pretty big drop in volume. I was not happy with that.

But, it's easy to restore factory settings and switch to a different region, like 'rest of the world', which sorts that out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom