• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Chinese GPUs are coming

Associate
OP
That’s because they’re direct copies of AMD or Nvidia card and whomever tried to sell them in the West would be sued back to Jurassic Period.
Believe it or not, there are other IP holders in the GPU world, in this case IIRC it's based on PowerVR Imagination.
The company was founded by a former Nvidia VP so we're not dealing with rookies...

Soldato

I'm expecting Polaris level performance in the most optimistic case but the more players the merrier!

Wow it runs four 10 year old games, amazing

Shows that hardware is the easy part with GPU - the hard part is drivers

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Wow it runs four 10 year old games, amazing

Shows that hardware is the easy part with GPU - the hard part is drivers
Indeed it is but I'd wait for a review from a reputable outles before jumping to any conclusions.
I'm not expecting a market leader here but if somehow we get a new player pushing performance in the sub $300 market we're all going to win from this!

Associate
Ha, no thanks. I'll stick with team green or team red. The way I protest pricing is I simply dont purchase as often. Once upon a time I would upgrade every gen or every other gen. Now I'll be skipping 2 or maybe even 3 gens.

Associate
OP
Ha, no thanks. I'll stick with team green or team red. The way I protest pricing is I simply dont purchase as often. Once upon a time I would upgrade every gen or every other gen. Now I'll be skipping 2 or maybe even 3 gens.
It's clearly not aimed at competing with AMD or NVIDIA, it's a company gambling on the trade war and being the only GPU producer in China. If you get a near monopoly in that market you're going to make serious money...

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
I can imagine how annoying a chinese GPU would be, instead of fake inserted frames like NVDA/AMD it would be generating advert frames :D

Ohh the horror!!! I'm going to have nightmares now. I already really dislike fake frames aka interpolation enough for me to scream at my TV whenever the setting for it automatically enables itself. I can imagen the heart problems I would have with advert frames being inserted instead :S

Soldato
They claim they have rtx3060 performance but in reality it's GTX 960/rx470/480 performance and can only play 5 or 6 games and has huge power draw

What's the price on this thing? $50 would be expensive

Oh what the duck; it costs $370usd hahaha

You can see it's so hard to get into this market, Intel is doing an incredible job so far compared to this junk.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Oh what the duck; it costs $370usd hahaha

You can see it's so hard to get into this market, Intel is doing an incredible job so far compared to this junk.
The BOM is similar to a GTX 1080ti I guess. As for the price, economies of scale aren't there yet and it's more of a demo product for the chinese industry in case they need to go into autarky mode for semiconductors...

Associate
CB reviewed both the MTT S30 and MTT S30:

Record in terms of perf/TPU and perf/area. Unfortunately they are all negative records!
jB2gksZ.png

In the game it was able to run (worse compatibility than ARC at release), the big part was able to compete with... Some iGPUs at possibly 1/10th of the Watts:
2lcL1yx.png

Although I guess TDP is not actual Watts, but then CB didn't measure actual power draw.

Back
Top Bottom