Chinese Grand Prix 2016, Shanghai - Race 3/21

Soldato
I think you've taken a healthy dose of selective artistic licence there.

Yeah, I don't think there's anything untoward here - quite the opposite in fact, everyone seems to have been very open since the first failed medical.

He says he needs to satisfy the FIA... he can't do much more until that time comes. He would have been in the car had it not been for the CT scans, and it will be the same at Shanghai if he doesn't pass the same tests there.

I guess it's come a long way from "if you can get out of the car in x seconds you're fit enough to race".

Is it worrying common how often Alonso has huge accidents? Spa 2001, Interlagos 2003, Fuji 2007, Interlagos 2009, getting Grosjean'd at Spa, the testing crash, the A1-Ring and now Albert Park. I'm sure there's, but he can't be far away from having as many scary crashes as he'd had mere spins into the gravel and other silly things.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think you've taken a healthy dose of selective artistic licence there.

Of course I have :p

But its funny because the trend of cars getting fast the moment Alonso steps out of them does actually read like it could be fictional :D

If your looking for a good seat to get into in F1, get in the one Alonso just got out of :p

Associate
Ample opportunity for Lewis to start on the softs and let the top 5 start on super softs and pit early. Should be a good race.

smr

smr

Soldato
I know it's only 3 races in but this season really is shaping up nicely for Rosberg..

I think it's his year, just feels like it, by the law of diminishing returns and all that... wouldn't be worth putting a bet on though, infact F1 as a whole is a poor Sport for betting. Stick a quid on and I'll probably get £2.50 back.

Soldato
The fact that Hamilton seems fairly placid that Rosberg has been winning suggests his motivation may have dropped.

Given that and Ferrari having reliability issues plus still not looking quite as quick, realistically if he doesn't win it this year he should pack it in.

Alonso passes FIA fitness tests :)

Bet he's gutted :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's not "Rosberg's year". He has just had it easy so far.

Hamilton has been faster than him in every session that counted. With an awful start he still came second, and then after being driven into and damaging his car he still came 3rd.

Hamilton will start 6th on Sunday, and end up 2nd behind Rosberg. Yet people will still claim that this is Rosberg "getting the edge on Hamilton".

As soon as Hamilton stops fluffing his starts he will just win every race from the front and Rosberg will be back to picking up scraps, where he belongs.

smr

smr

Soldato

Hamilton has been faster than him in every session that counted. With an awful start he still came second, and then after being driven into and damaging his car he still came 3rd.

Hamilton will start 6th on Sunday, and end up 2nd behind Rosberg. Yet people will still claim that this is Rosberg "getting the edge on Hamilton".

As soon as Hamilton stops fluffing his starts he will just win every race from the front and Rosberg will be back to picking up scraps, where he belongs.

£10 ?

Soldato

I'm a big Hamilton fan but surely the only session that you really want to be on top of the whole weekend is Sunday the rest other than qualifying aren't really too much to shout about. Still, hopefully he qualifies pole, gets a good start and just wins to shut me up. :p

Caporegime
I'm a big Hamilton fan but surely the only session that you really want to be on top of the whole weekend is Sunday the rest other than qualifying aren't really too much to shout about. Still, hopefully he qualifies pole, gets a good start and just wins to shut me up. :p

That why I said the sessions that counted. Hamilton has out qualified Rosberg in both races and shown to be faster in the races when needed too. Crap starts and bad luck have hindered Hamilton, rather than being slower.

Back
Top Bottom