Clarkson's Farm

Associate
The Grand tour was made by him and Andy Willman, and Clarksons farm is made by Willmans new company also..

I believe its produced by Clarkson/Willman as producers but they're employed (contracted?) by Amazon Studios. Certainly all the film crews cars up at the farmshop when I went last week had Amazon Studios passes on the windscreens (fairplay to whoever has the Mk1 MX5 too :D)

Last edited:
Caporegime
using his own production company..
Thats a thing everyone in the industry does for tax reasons
but no doubt he pitched the Idea ro amazon and probably elsewhere and handles the making of it using his own company, likely hiring the same people who've been working with him for decades behind the scenes

It's pretty much the same Formula hes been doing since like the 90s, I'm not convinced farming will be entertaining for many more seasons though.

the current season I found kinda flat tbh, but I guess his fans are here for the goofing around and homer simpsons like persona he adopts

Last edited:
Clarkson, May and Hammond all had a contract to produce an individual show as part of their GT sign on.

My suspicion is Clarkson wasn't sure what to do, then the farm manager quit (retired) and the idea came from someone to get him to manage the farm for the hilarity.
I doubt Amazon are paying anything for the farm directly. The money will be going to clarkson.
I suspect the likes of Caleb would have got nothing in series 1, but due to the success they would have wised up from season 2 onwards and demanded some fee.

Soldato
I'm not convinced farming will be entertaining for many more seasons though.

the current season I found kinda flat tbh, but I guess his fans are here for the goofing around and homer simpsons like persona he adopts

I'd actually really like to see a slightly more serious take focused around Kaleb tbh, the young man seems to have a lot of drive and grit while being quite genuine.

Last edited:
Associate
It's a good watch, obviously there's no real jeopardy from a business POV, but it does highlight the plight of farmers, which is the same plight as every other industry, profession, trade, etc over the last 40 years of tory/corpo ruination of everything.

Soldato
It's a good watch, obviously there's no real jeopardy from a business POV, but it does highlight the plight of farmers, which is the same plight as every other industry, profession, trade, etc over the last 40 years of tory/corpo ruination of everything.

Just for clarity - over the past 40 years the following parties have been in power -

1984 to 1997 - Tories

1997 to 2010 - Labour

2010 to 2015 - Tories and Lib Dems

2015 to now - Tories

So every main political party in the UK has had an opportunity at leading the country into ruination, not just the Tories, even though they've been in charge the longest.

Man of Honour
Just for clarity - over the past 40 years the following parties have been in power -

1984 to 1997 - Tories

1997 to 2010 - Labour

2015 to now - Tories

So every main political party in the UK has had an opportunity at leading the country into ruination, not just the Tories, even though they've been in charge the longest.

I was going to post exactly the same thing but you covered it way better.
It's weird how some people like Apex can be so blinkered that his team is better than the other team :)
I wouldn't vote for any of them ever.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Global politics ruined national societies it seems.

Politicians and the news is always focused on other countries issues and how we must help them.

no one is out there promoting the interests of voters and the general public.

If your industry is in decline then it probably has no rich people donating to political parties and calling in favours.

didn't farmers basically shoot themselves in the foot with brexit anyway? but EU farmers seem really angry as well, more so than ours with the actions they have been taking

Last edited:
Associate

1984 to 1997 - Tories

1997 to 2010 - Labour

2015 to now - Tories

27 years out of 40, following an agenda that began in the 80s with monetarism modelled on Milton Friedman, deregulation, priviatisation etc - which led later to Lettuce Truss...and of course the tories completely ruined the conomy with Brexit.

I don't think Labour is anywhere near as culpable for the disastrous denigration of the UK over the last 40 years, they did introduce the minmum wage, which of course we were told by the tories would destroy millions of jobs...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
So you don't vote?

66 and never voted.
I learned a very valuable lesson at 16 working on a factory that voting for any Politician was completely futile and people who do vote are in a fantasy land.
If voting for Politicians actually did anything it would be illegal.
What makes me laugh is people like you who think one team are better than the other when they all let you down :)
Get Labour in, within months everybody will be complaining - rinse and repeat and humans fall for it.

Man of Honour
No democracy is worth **** which doesn't have an actual vote option of "it isn't working". Until people wake up to that nothing will change.

Associate
66 and never voted.
I learned a very valuable lesson at 16 working on a factory that voting for any Politician was completely futile and people who do vote are in a fantasy land.
If voting for Politicians actually did anything it would be illegal.
What makes me laugh is people like you who think one team are better than the other when they all let you down :)
Get Labour in, within months everybody will be complaining - rinse and repeat and humans fall for it.

What makes me laugh is you got to 66 and in 50 years still had the same juvenile opinion you had at 16, without ever once questioning it, or doing any research, and on top of that you think you're in some way enlightened - incredible. So, I don't think i'll be taking your advice on politics thanks.

PS - Clearly had Labbour been in power between 2010 and now the country wouldn't have been led to commiting economic suicide with Brexit, whose referendum only really came abvout to try and solve a long-running tory psycho-drama fought over by a few hundred MP's...which of course was a psycho-drama driven by the interests of the super-wealthy and and a few thousand swivel eyed, curtain twitching loons with tory party membership cards.

:D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What makes me laugh is you got to 66 and in 50 years still had the same juvenile opinion you had at 16, without ever once questioning it, or doing any research, and on top of that you think you're in some way enlightened - incredible.

How dare you accuse me of doing no research, you don't know me.
What I know is this country will always be in trouble while two parties play their senseless game and people like you let them get away with it year after year.
You carry on thinking your tick does something, is there a box for Mr Gullible?
Anyway, this is about the wonderful Clarkson's Farm, start your own thread about the gullible ticking boxes that do nothing.

Back
Top Bottom