Clueless Newbie Saying Hello

Associate
Hi,
I'm CluelessNewbieUK, Am collecting my first 3D printer today from an acquaintance. It is a Anet A8.

I'm expecting a steep learning curve, but am eager to learn, and figured that even if it ends up as a white elephant, at least I haven't spent lots of money on it.

Looking forward to exploring the forum, learning from those more experienced than me, and seeing where I end up.

At the moment I feel like I'm not exactly understanding the scope of what a 3D printer can do, all I know is that I've wanted one for a good few years now, but, ironically now that it's within my reach, I'm not sure what to plan to do with it!

Associate
OP
Welcome to the forums, the 3d printer subforum sounds like a good place to start.

Thankyou for the warm welcome, yes, that was the forum that brought me here...I searched UK 3d printing forums and this one came up and took me straight to the 3d printer section...it was only when looking for a members intro thread that I realised the full scope of the site.

I think I'll be using the 3d printing and the vintage gaming/computing threads more than anything at the moment.

Have a lovely day

Associate
OP
Welcome to the OCUK forums, as part of initiation to the forums you must 3D print something for me. Better get learning fast :D
Haha!

I'll get right on it!

I'm extremely eager to make a small version of the Black Mirror "Metalhead" dog, there seem to be quite a few beginner level files for it.

Thankyou for the warm welcome, have a lovely day.

Back
Top Bottom