Soldato
Community Fibre often seem to break IPv6 by giving you an allocation but not having it work, try turning it off to see if the app starts working, and then if you care you can see if their support can help.

This. Had it happen again to me twice a couple of weeks ago. Usually a router restart fixes it, but if that doesn't turning off IPv6 (which you need to do in the web UI for the supplied Linksys router) will work.

Thanks, it seemed to be this.

Turned off ipv6, app started working fine without vpn. I turned it back on and it still works :confused: Don't know why, it definitely on as the phone has an external ipv6 address (checked whatsmyip), but it's now working.

Fine here on Android.
Thanks for checking, seemed to be something to do with ipv6 messing up.

Hmm, I'm on an older package too, but recently I had a look at my routers IP and it no longer has a 1 hop check in tracert, or identical internal and external IPs since a recent change CF made to the local connections. So you might have got changed over without even realising.

Checked, still no cgnat as far as I can tell. ipv4 listed in the router is the same ip that whatsmyip shows and a tracert to it is just 1 hop.

Last edited:
Associate
Checked, still no cgnat as far as I can tell. ipv4 listed in the router is the same ip that whatsmyip shows and a tracert to it is just 1 hop.
Oooh. That means for some reason I got migrated over and that either shouldn't have happened, or it's something that'll happen for others (if you're using their router) or if your local connection (not your connection but the hub nearby your router connects to) has work done. As mine are no longer the same since they did some work recently. Will need to look into this further in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom