Soldato
I don't think any of the other altnets come close (G.Network and Hyperoptic). Added bonus is it's symmetric, so unlike Openreach and Virgin Media the upload speed is as fast as downloads.
Currently Community Fibre operates in the following London boroughs: Brent, Camden, City of London, Croydon, Ealing, Hackney, Hammersmith and Fulham, Islington, Lambeth, Lewisham, Newham, Richmond upon Thames, Sutton, Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Wandsworth and Westminster.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Currently Community Fibre operates in the following London boroughs: Brent, Camden, City of London, Croydon, Ealing, Hackney, Hammersmith and Fulham, Islington, Lambeth, Lewisham, Newham, Richmond upon Thames, Sutton, Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Wandsworth and Westminster.

You are missing at least two boroughs in that list.

Soldato
My borough is not on that list, but I've been a customer since last year :cry: . Looks like it needs updating if that's from the official site.

Soldato
Just from a Google search. Do you have a more accurate list?
I don't think there's a definitive list, and even if a borough is covered, not all properties may not have it (example, I can see one borough on your list, but I have a family member who lives there and is not yet covered).

There's this which can give you an idea where they have live customers, but you need to search via post code: https://bidb.uk

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It doesn't matter what the list of boroughs is, that's not how their coverage is built. Either your property is covered or it isn't, and the website tells you that.

Exactly. That is what I thought. Like one road away a house got it like 6 months or earlier than I did as I recall. You simply check address by address.

Associate
How easy is it going to be to get community fibre to fix their address checker because if I check for my specific address it states that they don't offer service and have no plans to build there, but if I select any other address on my street it immediately goes to the select your package page which is probably because they see "flat" and think that they have to do a whole lot of building work when all they have to do is the same as openreach did and run the fibre line from the pole over to the house (this is an HMO that is set up in a way that each room is classed as a flat even to the council).

Soldato
Or it's a more difficult install. My sister's install took 2-3 weeks as they had to try and figure out access for her flat. Might be worth a try to phone up to get around the system.

Soldato
I don't think any of the other altnets come close (G.Network and Hyperoptic). Added bonus is it's symmetric, so unlike Openreach and Virgin Media the upload speed is as fast as downloads.

Not far off, I moved to an altnet recently (MS3) on a 1Gb symmetrical service. Got the first 3 months for 99p, then £29pm thereafter!

No 'goes up to £40/50/60pm' either at end of contract. Very happy with it. :D

Caporegime
Or it's a more difficult install. My sister's install took 2-3 weeks as they had to try and figure out access for her flat. Might be worth a try to phone up to get around the system.

Community Fibre are in an interesting financial situation now so it's likely that these type of installs would just lead to an order being cancelled now, they can't afford to send multiple teams and put up scaffolding or whatever.

Soldato
Community Fibre are in an interesting financial situation now so it's likely that these type of installs would just lead to an order being cancelled now, they can't afford to send multiple teams and put up scaffolding or whatever.
Bad or good financial situ? Even though they weren't as experienced in doing the install (mine and my sister's), I'm wanting them to stay because they seem to be better in terms of not only speed, but the stability has been great for the last 2 years with only 1-2 maintenance outages which were at 2am so not really noticeable for the majority and happened early on. I also appreciate the £4 out of contract increase which is much less than other ISPs I've experienced in the past.

Back
Top Bottom