Compact ATX case?

Soldato
Been mulling over a long overdue new build for ever and a day, so choice of a new case is here. I'd like something nice as I keep my builds for years. I fancy something more compact and one of the neatest looks like the Jonsbo D41. Anything out there that might also fit the bill?

Associate
Now that you've mentioned M-ATX, I really like the look of the Jonsbo TK-1, although I just bought an O11 Mini from the Members Market.

I'm a big fan of the O11D layout (and Lian Li in general) hence why I would hanker at the TK-1.

Soldato
OP
Been looking at the Meshify 2 Mini, & the Meshify 2 Compact. (the Compact isn't as compact as the name suggest) That said the lions share of cases are all pretty close bar the odd one. I've seen Fractal cases and quality wise they seem decent for the money. I've never actually seen a Jonsbo case in any guise so bit of an unknown quantity.

Associate
Been looking at the Meshify 2 Mini, & the Meshify 2 Compact. (the Compact isn't as compact as the name suggest) That said the lions share of cases are all pretty close bar the odd one. I've seen Fractal cases and quality wise they seem decent for the money. I've never actually seen a Jonsbo case in any guise so bit of an unknown quantity.

I've seen loads of positive comments about Jonsbo, but can't recall any negatives. I've toyed with the idea of getting one for a SFF backup server build (N3 maybe? - the one with about 8 hot swap bays).

Soldato
OP
I've seen loads of positive comments about Jonsbo, but can't recall any negatives. I've toyed with the idea of getting one for a SFF backup server build (N3 maybe? - the one with about 8 hot swap bays).
The N3 looks to be a nice case. But I can't recall seeing and on the UK sites. That said I wasn't looking as such. It would seem lots of people are waiting on new stock from Jonsbo.

Associate
Been mulling over a long overdue new build for ever and a day, so choice of a new case is here. I'd like something nice as I keep my builds for years. I fancy something more compact and one of the neatest looks like the Jonsbo D41. Anything out there that might also fit the bill?
If your PSU and your GPU aren’t stupid long, the D41 is a very solid case.
Even the long 4080 Tuf wasn’t allowed to flex the rear of the case, as often happens with other cases. The reason I decided to let it go was because my GPU is a bit long and having all the cables bundled in a lump was triggering my OCD. Airflow is good, build quality is good. Mesh version looks good. Screen not a must for me, but was pretty decent and can also be used as stand alone.
Other options would be the new Jonsbo TK 2, but slightly wider.
Corsair 3000D airflow, but lacks USB-C and gets a lot of negative reviews.
Not small, but the design helps is the Fractal North, specially the mesh version.

Soldato
OP
Not small, but the design helps is the Fractal North, specially the mesh version.
My old long in the tooth system is in a CM690 MKI, which to be honest I still rate as a decent case in spite of its age. My only only criticism is that it's a big old beast, hence me looking for something smaller. When I started looking the Fractal North and the NZXT H5 were top of the list, but they are not significantly smaller and a tad wider. Now I've gotten a bee in my bonnet about building something more compact the D41, closely followed my the Meshify 2 Mini have gone to the top of the list for the moment. Likewise I looked at the Corsair 3000D but reviews as you say were mixed. Apparently the Thermaltake Tower 200 although sold as an ITX case can be coaxed into accepting an mATX mobo. Though I'm not sure I'd want the hassle or like the vending machine look. I had a quick look at the Jonsbo TK-1 last night but need to check the dimensions again. I've looked at so many the past few days they are starting to blur into on set of dimensions for everything...:)

Last edited:
Associate
My old long in the tooth system is in a CM690 MKI, which to be honest I still rate as a decent case in spite of its age. My only only criticism is that it's a big old beast, hence me looking for something smaller. When I started looking the Fractal North and the NZXT H5 were top of the list, but they are not significantly smaller and a tad wider. Now I've gotten a bee in my bonnet about building something more compact the D41, closely followed my the Meshify 2 Mini have gone to the top of the list for the moment. Likewise I looked at the Corsair 3000D but reviews as you say were mixed. Apparently the Thermaltake Tower 200 although sold as an ITX case can be coaxed into accepting an mATX mobo. Though I'm not sure I'd want the hassle or like the vending machine look. I had a quick look at the Jonsbo TK-1 last night but need to check the dimensions again. I've looked at so many the past few days they are starting to blur into on set of dimensions for everything...:)

My previous case was a CM690 MkII. The only reason I got rid was because the HDD mounting pin rubbers perished to nothing, and after failing to find any replacements I decided to get something new. The Meshify is a very worthy upgrade.

Soldato
OP
Imho Jonsbo d41 mesh is better , definitely looks better.
While case choice and aesthetics are a very personal choice, I tend to agree. That said you like what you like. I noted the D41 screen version also has the standard mesh insert supplied should you prefer it instead. Some RGB setups look fantastic but my case is sat up a corner so other the front panel anything else would go unseen. Biggest issue with the D41 at the moment is finding one in stock. I'm sure within a few weeks they will be everywhere, however for the moment they are thin on the ground.
This is just the case choice, wait until I have to decide to go AIO or Air... :cry: :cry:

Associate
If the mesh version, without the screen can be found, you can source the screen from overseas. End price the same, but I would rather wait for UK stock, specially because of one thing that can go wrong: the screen.

Associate
The Jonsbo D41 or even that CM Qube 500 look nice but they are both close to 40l.

These days if building mainstream (i.e. not Threadripper) ATX vs mATX doesn't lose much, does it?

Maybe space for extra cooling, or bigger VRMs, but if CPUs and chipsets limit PCIe lanes (aka mainstream), what does extra ATX bring these days?

Back
Top Bottom