Connecting Lian Li AL120 fans directly to Farbwerk 360 RGBpx ports?

Associate
Question for Farbwerk 360 users out there who use Lian Li AL120 fans - how do you connect the two together? Ideally without any Lian Li controller boxes in-between..

Lian Li AL120 fans use JST-SM 3 pin connector for RGB:

r/watercooling - Connecting Lian Li AL120 fans directly to Farbwerk 360 RGBpx ports?
Farbwerk 360 on the other hand has two choices i.e. either:

4-pin JST Mini-Micro connector (lower row) or standard 5V 3-pin ARGB (top row):

r/watercooling - Connecting Lian Li AL120 fans directly to Farbwerk 360 RGBpx ports?
I'm struggling to find an appropriate cable/converter/adapter that will work and will allow me to hook up AL120 fans to either a male 5V 3-pin ARGB or 4-pin JST Mini-Micro connector..

I found the following adapter cable on eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314791756762):

but it doesn't work..

What I've found with the AL120 fans, if I try to hook them up without the Farbwerk, is that the USB cable from their controller box has to be connected to my motherboard otherwise the RGB doesn't work.

I'm hoping the fans can work by directly hooking them up to Farbwerk without any controller boxes or anything weird in between.

Soldato
Though yes it's sort of lian li ecosystem
Unlike some others
Lian li do kind of offer an out by including
The 3 pin jst on there
I used the 3 pin jst to connect al120 onto
The end of my phanteks led strips

Not tried what you want
But this may do the job on the end of the 3 pin 5v connector
Then plug into the white lower row connectors
Ocuk competitor have it
But can't link competitor so Google for

EAN: 4260473312376

also you should test the cable you got actually works
Can test with one al120
just connect it straight to motherboard 3 pin argb header
Should work fine without going through
the lian li controller for the leds

Associate
I would like to think the AL120s would work. I have Lian Li Infinity fans running into my Farbwork360 and they work perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
You've bought fans that require the LL ecosystem to work with their controller, it would be the same if you'd bought Corsair.
This isnt strictly true. Many Lian Li fans can be controlled by other ARGB controllers. Although I havent persoanlly tested AL120s.

RGBpx is Aquacomputer specific although adaptors do exist.

Have you tried connecting your adaptor to a motherboard ARGB header to check its not a fabwerk issue?

Associate
OP
This isnt strictly true. Many Lian Li fans can be controlled by other ARGB controllers. Although I havent persoanlly tested AL120s.

RGBpx is Aquacomputer specific although adaptors do exist.

Have you tried connecting your adaptor to a motherboard ARGB header to check its not a fabwerk issue?
Good point, let me give that a try because it's either the eBay adapter cable or the Farbwerk 360..

Back
Top Bottom